Lets talk about goats!

Pics
That sounds just like me ;) I have been lurking over here for a long time just reading and soaking it in. I really want some but I am nervous to make the jump as they would be "backyard goats". We also have a grass eating tortoise... Do you think the goats would bother the tortoise at all? We are looking at goats as pets and for milk.

Someone nearby is selling Kinder goats for $140 each. They look nice in the pictures and look like that have a nice play and living area. It seems a little too cheap though, huh? They didn't say anything about testing so I'm assuming they haven't. How important is testing if I only plan to have two and not add any? Is it too risky?

Also, does anyone have any experience with kinder goats and if they would be a good fit for us?

Last edited:
Hi Crazy Chick Girl, I don't think they will bother the Tortoise, and if they do at least it has a shell to protect it unlike my poor chihuahuas who keep getting head butted. If you keep them in your back yard make sure you don't have anything poisonous back there! I didn't check before hand and I have a ton of Poisonous plants! I like this site http://fiascofarm.com/goats/poisonousplants.htm
I have Two Mini goats 11 months old now. 2 chihuahuas , 9 chickens! 1 blind house cat and 4 barn cats.

One of my 4 goats. This is Snowflake, but he is a boy..
Handsome guy!
Hi Crazy Chick Girl, I don't think they will bother the Tortoise, and if they do at least it has a shell to protect it unlike my poor chihuahuas who keep getting head butted. If you keep them in your back yard make sure you don't have anything poisonous back there! I didn't check before hand and I have a ton of Poisonous plants! I like this site http://fiascofarm.com/goats/poisonousplants.htm I have Two Mini goats 11 months old now. 2 chihuahuas , 9 chickens! 1 blind house cat and 4 barn cats.
Thanks for the info! I do need to check out our plants!

I have a mini Nigerian dwarf goat doe she jut turned a year she is sweet but loves to butt head and after while it hurts.. she follows us all over the place and stays on property but gets into everything..looking to get another to keep her company right now my mini horses do .this is ellie mae and I don't believe in dehorning ..

Goats get into everything. That's the nature of the beast. But that head butting has got to stop. And it is up to you to make sure it does.

Back
Top Bottom