Lets talk about goats!

Pics
The most important thing with the Dwarfs is a good fence they cannot get through. When we first got Dwarfs one of the babies would zip under the gate and play on the road until someone came along. Fortunately we live on a dead end road and have almost no traffic. We ended up putting a goat panel on the fence to keep her in. They will need shelter, even a super big dog house will work. They will roam with chickens just fine. Mine run with chickens, cows, donkeys and big goats.

thanks I have a 6ft chain link fence so the should be safe but on the gate there is a gap in between the gate and the ground I don't know how big it is but a board would fix that right? I won't be getting them till early winter so I have to get prepared for them

I guess she looks huge when she lays down but not when she stands up this would b her second time kidding

The kids have probably dropped and are getting into position for delivery. This causes a sunken in or hallowed look. I have read about this, it supposedly happens every time but it never happened to my three does that kidded. It is probably what you are seeing, it just means she is getting closer to kidding.

I need help with knowing what type of goat i may have, im trying to sell them but i have no clue what breed they may be. I love them to death but i am moving and am not able to take care of them.
[/URL]
They appear to be some sort of Nubian or Boer cross with maybe another dairy breed? Maybe a better picture would help.

Does anybody knw why my goat doesn't look pregnant anymore she didn't have her kids she has a full milk bag it in her stomach she doesn't look big anymore can show pic if needed

She has probably "dropped". They do this before they kid, the kids drop lower into the belly and get into position for birth. They will be more hollowed out in the flank area than before, making them look thinner. If she appears thinner and has bagged up, then kidding is imminent for her. Good luck!

Our boxer likes to play chase with our pygmies. dave is not to impressed and bucks her. Both goats I know have lost some weight since we got them. There bellies are not a big, must be from mostly grass instead of that molasses stuff. Finally Annie lets us pet her and pick her up. Dave, oh forget it. They need hooves trimmed so bad. I try to get picks of boxer kissing goats but as soon as they get that close with camera they stop. o well, life in our farm.

Just say a ad on craiglist for two goats forsale for salter bc of udder problems that made me upset some body gonna sell the for that I have one that has a udder problem I just don't breed her she my pet I can't see how ppl can do that to there animals

Just say a ad on craiglist for two goats forsale for salter bc of udder problems that made me upset some body gonna sell the for that I have one that has a udder problem I just don't breed her she my pet I can't see how ppl can do that to there animals

There is no problem with that, I don't see what your issue is. If they are breeding to improve udders in their herd, then keeping does with poor udders is silly. It isn't as if they are throwing the doe to the wolves, she is just being sold. Sales happen all the time. An 'udder issue' could be cosmetic rather than functional, so the doe would still make a great milker for a hobby farmer who isn't concerned about udders.

Back
Top Bottom