Lets talk about goats!

Just weaned I believe 13 weeks? Pets and we have an old overgrown pasture that we'd like to eventually clean up for cows. Yes we plan on castration. And still deciding if they are forever pets or going to be sold at 2?

You'll probably keep them forever. :lol: Goats are very likable animals! :) Definitley get them castrated as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Any treat ideas. My new guys are afraid of everything And not sure how to win them over

Honestly, they will be super skittish at first, but the best treat is to just spend time with them. Sit with them in their pasture and just let them watch you, then start to pet them and before you know it, you'll never be able to get away from them. :) A yummy treat suggestion is uncooked bow tie noodles, though. Our goats love them!

Honestly, they will be super skittish at first, but the best treat is to just spend time with them. Sit with them in their pasture and just let them watch you, then start to pet them and before you know it, you'll never be able to get away from them. :) A yummy treat suggestion is uncooked bow tie noodles, though. Our goats love them!

They let me pet them today but it was more ignoring me them liking me. I had to clear the area around their pen so they watched me and I talked to them most of the day. Hopefully they will feel better about us after the weekend.

They let me pet them today but it was more ignoring me them liking me. I had to clear the area around their pen so they watched me and I talked to them most of the day. Hopefully they will feel better about us after the weekend.

Don't take it personally. :) They may be ignoring you now, by eventually they will get curious and start to like you. I know it may seem like it isn't possible, but I promise you they will come around and then will never leave you alone. :)

ETA: Handsome boys! :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom