Lets talk about goats!

We got two goats a week ago. This is my first time owning goats. One is shedding. Do I need to brush her? If so how often?

Sounds like a cruddy situation for all involved
1f62b.png

Glad those little boys have you though!

Bronchitis and eye infection and one is not castrated. We apparently are handling the hoof rot well almost gone. And my boys were so good at vet. Think some one on one time helped. They were following me around after lol. Thanks!

Oh man, that stinks. :( At least your little boys are in good hands now. I'm happy that they seem to be warming up to you! :)
We got two goats a week ago. This is my first time owning goats. One is shedding. Do I need to brush her? If so how often?

As waddles99 said, the winter coat will fall out in its own, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind being brushed. :) Brushing them and just spending time with them I general will help you bond as well. And when it gets closer to the summer, you can shave them so that they look a little less "ragtag" and are more comfortable!

Thanks everyone we definitely plan on getting their health where it needs to be. They are making pull time hard right now if anyone has ideas. Stetson our big boy has finally been able to see now that infection is clearing up. Making him way less skiddish now!

Thanks everyone we definitely plan on getting their health where it needs to be. They are making pull time hard right now if anyone has ideas. Stetson our big boy has finally been able to see now that infection is clearing up. Making him way less skiddish now!
I see you are in PA. Do you have anything green to feed them? And it might help to put some molasses in their water. Pine branches will give them a vitamin C boost. And if not mentioned before check the worm counts.

I see you are in PA. Do you have anything green to feed them? And it might help to put some molasses in their water. Pine branches will give them a vitamin C boost. And if not mentioned before check the worm counts.

Spell check messed with my post lol. I meant I'm having a hard time giving them pills and they are getting 8 a day plus 4 droppers, Hoof rot stuff and one is getting an eye cream. We started wrapping them in a little bread but they won't eat bread now. Then I was putting them on top of grain, inside a raisins and inside an apple. They either spit them out or won't eat it at all. 6 of them I can crush and syringe into mouth with water and some probiotic but they don't like it and two of them aren't soluble. We have been giving them pine branch treats and so far their pooping is the only thing that isn't screwed up lol. How do I check worm count? I did give them lung worm medicine.

Back
Top Bottom