Lets talk about goats!

Ok! Thanks so much for helping me! It helps a lot!

1f643.png

I was wondering, what do goats eat? Also, where can I get alfalfa?

That will vary person to person-

I only feed alfalfa to my does that are pregnant/in milk. They also get high quality grains made for dairy goats.

My other goats get a high quality grass hay, access to graze and browse.

You can get alfalfa at most feed stores or find a farmer online selling it- but neither of yours are going to need it anytime soon.

Your little girl is going to have to be bottle fed. She's too young to be weaned.

Yes, I am bottle feeding the female. I was just wondering about the male.:D
I feed mine 2parts barely, two parts crimped oats,one part black oil sunflower seeds, one part calf manna, for their grain about a cup each, the I give the two or four flakes of alfalfa and same with hay. I get mine from a local feed store they have them also at tractor supply but I found mine won't eat it from them. They also love to eat tree leafs and other foliage. The girls also get two 16.9 oz bottles of cows milk.

Last edited:
Okay so Ford wont eat sunflower seed, manna, sweet feed, scratch grainz, goat food. Need to up his calorie intake! How bad is it if I give him a bunch of raisins and apples? He is forging and eating his hay. That's it. Still haven't got them to touch minerals either

I
Okay so Ford wont eat sunflower seed, manna, sweet feed, scratch grainz, goat food. Need to up his calorie intake! How bad is it if I give him a bunch of raisins and apples? He is forging and eating his hay. That's it. Still haven't got them to touch minerals either

I was about to say give him a bunch of raisins
1f62c.png
1f62c.png

I'm not sure what to do about the minerals- mine have always eaten them on their own :/

Hi! It appears my buck is passing on the tip of the ear being folded up he has on one side. I remember once hearing you could fix that does anyone know how?
My good doe
We had a doeling yesterday!

Abigail had twin doelings but they both have the folded tips.
:clap

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom