Lets talk about goats!

You can try another flavor too. Mine liked cherry the best but I had 2 that preferred pink lemonade..:lau
You might also try warm water. Since it's cold, sometimes they won't drink because the water is too cold. Hope it helps, if not will try something else.:hugs

I’ve also had good luck adding a bit of molasses to warm water. Not as a regular thing but if I’m wanting to make sure someone is getting fluids :):)

You can try another flavor too. Mine liked cherry the best but I had 2 that preferred pink lemonade..:lau
You might also try warm water. Since it's cold, sometimes they won't drink because the water is too cold. Hope it helps, if not will try something else.:hugs
I can tell who’s been drinking now, too! Water level is down and their lips are red! :D

So, I gave my baby his CD/T shot this morning and gave him his dewormer this afternoon. I found a lamb/kid supplement/minerals that is supposed to provide nourishment and energy. This evening he was completely different! I let all 3 out of the pen while I was outside working (the older male follows me everywhere and the younger two follow him). The baby jumped and ran and even cried when I ran inside, my husband said. Lol! Thank you guys for all your help and advice. I already feel much more confident that I will be able to care for my Toby, Curly Q, and Mr. Goat!
Totally missed this post before my last reply. :th
Glad he's doing better! :highfive:

Sorry about reviving an old thread.. I just wanted to join. I am getting excited as breeding season approaches, I love seeing those little kids. I currently have meat goats and dairy goats (Boers and Saanens). They are currently together, but I am going to separate them, after I cross them together, so that I don't get the crosses year after year. This year is just a fun little experiment.

Back
Top Bottom