Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My #1 Bio-Bator after the hatch:
39612_chickens_2010_0002.jpg

My mini Bio-Bator after the hatch:
39612_chickens_2010_0005.jpg

I had a white orpington hen go broody I think it was Nov 22nd and she quit after a week and a half so I put her eggs in the incubator due to hatch next week. I also had a partridge rock hen go broody at the same time. She isn't sitting now either. So her eggs is in the incubator. I had another partridge rock hen go broody and I am not sure which day she went broody but I am thinking either January 20 or 21st hers should be ready to hatch. This partridge rock hen is doing much better at sitting since I moved her to a location where she could be alone with her nest and eggs that she was sitting on. I had to move her because with all the other hens wanting to take her eggs out from under her. She doesn't growl at me when I go in to check on her. She is being serious now more than she was when she was trying to sit around other hens.

I've got a blue wyandotte who started laying at 7 months old in December. After laying less than a dozen eggs, she went broody more than a week ago. Today I moved her into a dog crate in my computer room because I worry about her with eggs out there in this cold. She freaked out for a few minutes, then settled right into her Nike box nest. She's got 3 barnyard eggs at the moment, and we're waiting for BYC serama eggs to arrive tomorrow.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
I really want seramas, and I am keeping my fingers in crossed condition for at least a few to hatch.

After the camera batteries charge, I'll post pictures of my pretty girl. I've got 5 others like her, plus 6 standard cochins, a silkie, and 2 bantam cochins that could also possibly go broody. I might be in the hatching business come spring...

Ive got a broody blue chubby cochin-2 yrs old 3rd time momma-on 9 1st generation ameraucana x FBCM OE eggs and 1 SLB egg
fl.gif
I love her...She is so used to me reaching under her she gives me the eye-no screaming..Thank goodness she trusts me-she's huge!

Quote:
Is yours a bantam? My blue banty wyan girl went broody after laying like 6 eggs last year! She adopted a serama chick that my friends hatched. After she was done with him. She went broody again in the fall- broke her of it and then went broody again in winter and she's still broody!
barnie.gif
rant.gif

I love broodies. I guess when you have 1 broody other hens have a higher chance to go broody also... And So im hoping for more
big_smile.png
and this spring I will hopefully get more. I hope for atleast 3 by summer.
smile.png
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif