Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
How Excitin!!!!!!
woot.gif

So glad one hatched!!!!! *now come on other 4 eggs you can do it!
smile.png

Keep me updated still!

and good thing shes still sitting on her nest waiting for the others to hatch

wooooo whooooo!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

DAY 10
smile.png
!!!!!!!!

and

I THINK I HAVE ANOTHER BROODY!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

she pulled the feathers out of her breast, and her breast in super warm! she is even making the "broody noises" and has been on the nest for 2 hours!!!! yay its the hen in my avatar, thats a pic from about 4-5 months ago before the started laying!

Quote:
Congrats! I have all silkies and for some reason I think I'm going to end up with too many broody hens!
lol.png

My hen hatched another egg!!!! So, now she has two babies! I haven't seen them both yet though....only saw the second empty shell. I guess there is still hope for more too because she is STILL sitting quite comfortably on the two babies and the remaining three eggs. What a great mom she has been for a first timer!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! My broody hatched ALL FIVE CHICKS!!!! I can't believe it! It was her first time, so I wasn't expecting her to do so well! I have three little gray silkies and two white ones! I will post pics as soon as I can. They are out in the coop, and I don't get home until dark & we are expecting a snow storm tomorrow....but pics will be posted as soon as possible!!!
jumpy.gif

I cant wait too
smile.png
ya.gif
Congrats on the babies
smile.png

Btw For my one broody, Austrolorp, Sargent Mayham shes on day 12
yippiechickie.gif

And for my current new broody she is on Day 2
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Great!!! I have to say it is MUCH easier letting them hatch the eggs than trying to use an incubator. They are just much better at it!
lol.png

I have my first broody!!
ya.gif
It is my youngest Silkie - go figure. I'm SO nervous about the cold weather, but I guess they know what to do - we are only on day 3 with 3 eggs under her. I'll see where we end up!! Glad to know that others are hatching out chicks this time of year and they do fine.

So glad I found this thread. I do not want to go the incubator route. To much work and worry. I would rather let the hen do the worrying and turning. Let's hope I am blessed with good mother hens. (Once I get chickens that is... LOL ... Coop to be built in March, chickens in April...researching and learning until then)

Back
Top Bottom