Lets talk about our current broodies :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Warmer temps do trigger the hormones, and make them broody, And I bet she's all ready laying maybe you havent caught her??? Im not sure..
hu.gif

If shes sitting on the eggs and have bedding of some sort im sure the eggs will be fine, no worries. My broodies on day 15 and Its 10-20 degrees and my eggs are forming.

Well I dont think they woul be bad, Beside they might not be fertile.

Well good luck keep me updated
smile.png

WOO HOOOO GO BROODIS
big_smile.png
!!!!

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy adopted a chick last Summer and raised it ( it was actual her egg to begin w/. ) Her baby is now around 3-4 months old and recently Mrs. Fluffy has been getting the "Broody Cluck" and her poo is well...you know!
sickbyc.gif

HA! eww broody poop makes my sick, ick!

smile.png

Good luck, Hope you have a broody
big_smile.png

Quote:

smile.png

big_smile.png

The bad thing is she thinks she is suppost to be living in my Quail House....she gets to sleep in a dog cage by the heater at night and in the morning she and her baby beg for warm mash, so what am I suppost to do??? I give them Warm Mash of course!!! Then in the evening they're waiting by the door wanting to get in!
roll.png

I have 3 broody hens.......One Coo Maroon, 1 a EE and the other is a silver duckwing bantam. I have to take the eggs because they are not fertile. I have only one roo to 28 hens. I just love to see then I am just letting them run the course. Too cold to put them in a cage alone. I give them snacks and water. They are all great except the CM she bites me and fusses it I even look at her. I do not blame her...I keep taking her eggs. Yesterday I was out feeding, watering and checking birds. I got all the eggs from under the broody hens and put them in a empty box. Well I went to get more food and when I came back the bantam had moved to the box full of eggs and was trying her best to get them all covered. 18 eggs do not go under such a small bird...but she was trying so hard. I really hated taking them from her. I am hoping to more the bantam into another coop this spring and bring in some roos just for them. THe are so sweet and I would love to have babies born here.

Good luck to all you expecting momma.

Big Red's Mom :

I have 3 broody hens.......One Coo Maroon, 1 a EE and the other is a silver duckwing bantam. I have to take the eggs because they are not fertile. I have only one roo to 28 hens. I just love to see then I am just letting them run the course. Too cold to put them in a cage alone. I give them snacks and water. They are all great except the CM she bites me and fusses it I even look at her. I do not blame her...I keep taking her eggs. Yesterday I was out feeding, watering and checking birds. I got all the eggs from under the broody hens and put them in a empty box. Well I went to get more food and when I came back the bantam had moved to the box full of eggs and was trying her best to get them all covered. 18 eggs do not go under such a small bird...but she was trying so hard. I really hated taking them from her. I am hoping to more the bantam into another coop this spring and bring in some roos just for them. THe are so sweet and I would love to have babies born here.

Good luck to all you expecting momma.

Thats cute
smile.png
that she was tryingto cover the box of eggs
love.gif

Thanks
smile.png
btw.​

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:

smile.png

big_smile.png

The bad thing is she thinks she is suppost to be living in my Quail House....she gets to sleep in a dog cage by the heater at night and in the morning she and her baby beg for warm mash, so what am I suppost to do??? I give them Warm Mash of course!!! Then in the evening they're waiting by the door wanting to get in!
roll.png

Wait, So im confussed. I can try to help, But can you explain whats going on
idunno.gif
haha I get confussed easily
smile.png

Quote:
roll.png

Wait, So im confussed. I can try to help, But can you explain whats going on
idunno.gif
haha I get confussed easily
smile.png

She sleeps in my Quail House by the heater, at night. Free ranges during the day and in the evening she and her baby are waiting by the Quail House door!
smile.png

I have a couple of questions. I have a young broody. she is about 6 months old. She laid for about 3 weeks before going broody. She puffs up and tries to peck me when I check under her. I have 15 eggs in my incubator. I know atleast 12 are developing the other 3 not sure yet. Anyway I would like to put these under her. I put two under her earlier but she tends, but one day she moved nest and left them in the other nest. I think the older hen get in there and make her move. Also she get up and goes an eats for about 5 or ten minutes. With the temps in the 40s for days and low 20s at night with the eggs cool off to much while she is off them? I am planning on putting her in a big dog kennel with a nest and food and drink so the others will not bother her. Do you think she is too young? When an how do I give them to her? Do I wait for them to hatch first? Help?

Back
Top Bottom