Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

you have to wait and see how is going to feather up ? i had chicks like him hatched from black copper ( impure Black copper ) but they grow up into all sort of thing,Wheaten, Black tail buff ,silver salmon and more......
her a few photos of this chicks.

all of this birds hatched as white/yellow chicks from black coppers stock ( impure stock ) but they feathered up differently .
What do you get out of this white /Yellow chicks if you breed them to another bird I don t know yet.

you have to wait and see how is going to feather up ? i had chicks like him hatched from black copper ( impure Black copper ) but they grow up into all sort of thing,Wheaten, Black tail buff ,silver salmon and more...... her a few photos of this chicks. all of this birds hatched as white/yellow chicks from black coppers stock ( impure stock ) but they feathered up differently . What do you get out of this white /Yellow chicks if you breed them to another bird I don t know yet.
are your birds pure marans of different colors, or mixed with other breeds? They are beautiful :)

so if this feet are white/yellow he/she isn t Splash .I thought maybe the black coppers where mixed with a Blue copper.But that not a case.
you want to cross him/her with a cuckoo or Black to get a White.I don t think is going to be a case except if he/she fathered up as white. than you can cross t to the cuckoo or pure black.
Do you have this 2 varieties ( cuckoo and Black )?

My flock are all marans not all pure .people added a lot a stuff to them here is Australia.this year all the breeding stock i work with are marans.they eggs has to be minimum color 5 .
I m trying to group them based on they feathers colors not as variety they hatch from.and I m having a good result in my F2 generation.
here some of my breeding stock eggs. the darkest are from the Cuckoo.

Back
Top Bottom