Let's talk Cuckoo and WHITE marans... breeding strategies...

Chooks, there are many different climates here in the U.S. I'm in Pennsylvania, and it's not always this muddy... We have droughts at times too. where are you, and what is your weather like? I'm guessing down under?

Here are some of my whites, I'm getting ready to cull back and get my breeders ready. I'm going to have my neighbor come by and help me evaluate my keepers.

Hi Barney good looking white chooks you ve got there mine are far away to look like your .you should be proud of them. I like the pullet standing on the right she got mass and I like the standing cockerel ,nice long tilted back,he stand correct . nice if we have a photos of them individually so we can help evaluate them.what color eggs they hatched from.
I see you have some grass but no rain ,that a drought .
I m from NSW state Eastern coast,it s a temperate climate. we are in a good years a lot of rain and a lot of sun shine too so the grass is always greener .now is a summer is very hot plus 30 degree celcus and is going to get hotter plus 40 some time. I m not looking forward to this day s.
cheers

Hi Barney good looking white chooks you ve got there mine are far away to look like your .you should be proud of them. I like the pullet standing on the right she got mass and I like the standing cockerel ,nice long tilted back,he stand correct . nice if we have a photos of them individually so we can help evaluate them.what color eggs they hatched from.
I see you have some grass but no rain ,that a drought .
I m from NSW state Eastern coast,it s a temperate climate. we are in a good years a lot of rain and a lot of sun shine too so the grass is always greener .now is a summer is very hot plus 30 degree celcus and is going to get hotter plus 40 some time. I m not looking forward to this day s.
cheers

104 degrees in Farenheit, yikes! I hope ou're keeping cool, how do you keep your birds cool and with enough water in those temps? It's 30 degrees Fahrenheit here today, not bad. I'm looking forward to a brisk walk at the nearby Gardens.

Had to google NSW, yup, looks like you're on quite a way from here.

Thank you for the compliments, I'd like to take credit, but my breeding whites came from years of hard work by my neighbor. That picture of the white Marans was taken about a month or 2 ago, although we've had a very mild November and still have some grass. I'll take more pictures soon, kind of hard with no light. It's dark here at 4:30pm. I did finally separate my breeds, and separated my Black Coppers for my whites/cuckoos. They should be at point of lay, maybe laying already.

Back
Top Bottom