Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

Mine seem to lay every other day. The darker the eggs=longer time in the reproductive tract getting their color. Marans as a breed are defined by egg color, so they will come with lower laying productivity inherant.

But what they don't have they make up with color:

These are from my line, as well as some golden cuckoo olive eggers.
I love, love, love your golden cuckoo olive eggers!

My big beautiful boy now has his own girls. He has the CM hatchmate, 2 BCM's and a blue copper marans. He and the girls are quite happy. I should be able to collect eggs in another week to test hatch. Thank you @morbius18 for your generosity and guidance!

They would be sex link barred. All males will be barred, females solid. Should be 50% blues, so roughly 25% blue, 25% black, 25% blue barred and 25% black barred.

If the rooster is a blue copper, then the solid offspring will be copper and the barred golden cuckoos. The rooster should be the same loci based as well. ER based golden cuckoos should have an ER based blue (usually a copper).

I'm wanting some blue golden cuckoos though. The barring on the blues will be subdued.

They would be sex link barred. All males will be barred, females solid. Should be 50% blues, so roughly 25% blue, 25% black, 25% blue barred and 25% black barred.

If the rooster is a blue copper, then the solid offspring will be copper and the barred golden cuckoos. The rooster should be the same loci based as well. ER based golden cuckoos should have an ER based blue (usually a copper).

I'm wanting some blue golden cuckoos though. The barring on the blues will be subdued.

here some of my F1 blue golden cuckoo . the cuckoo on the cockerels is easy to see but not on the pullet ,just few spots .

need few generation to breed a proper blue golden cuckoo .

I have a lot to choose from

here the photos

very hard to see the barring , because they still dark cuckoo NOT a double barred yet

F1 blue cuckoo Golden/silver single barred

his younger brother. same body type

this guys going to help me recreate the Splash Silver cuckoo ,almost white bird .than from them I ll recreate a pure White marans by adding to them the dominant white gene ( I already have and the recessive White gene ( I have as well )

long way ,about 5 years project.

chooks man

Wow chooks man!! You ARE ambitious
1f60a.png
Looking good
1f60a.png

here some of my F1 blue golden cuckoo . the cuckoo on the cockerels is easy to see but not on the pullet ,just few spots . need few generation to breed a proper blue golden cuckoo . I have a lot to choose from here the photos very hard to see the barring , because they still dark cuckoo NOT a double barred yet F1 blue cuckoo Golden/silver single barred his younger brother. same body type this guys going to help me recreate the Splash Silver cuckoo ,almost white bird .than from them I ll recreate a pure White marans by adding to them the dominant white gene ( I already have and the recessive White gene ( I have as well ) long way ,about 5 years project. chooks man
Our season is just starting, I'm converting our old tobacco barn into a horse barn. One of my friends is hatching all mine and giving me first picks of as many as I want. It works for me. Have a nice blue golden cuckoo pullet from the first batch, she's from a dark egg as shown below:

Our season is just starting, I'm converting our old tobacco barn into a horse barn. One of my friends is hatching all mine and giving me first picks of as many as I want. It works for me. Have a nice blue golden cuckoo pullet from the first batch, she's from a dark egg as shown below:

nice pullet you got there my friend .
well colored hackle .
nice barring over a nice blue tone

Bravo and good luck to you .

chooks man

Here are the latest pictures of the hatch mates of my big boy. The cuckoo pullet is perhaps the shyest chicken I have and difficult to photograph. The one with all the gold is pretty and she is happy in the laying pen where nobody bosses her around!
What breed is the gold neck one? So pretty!! I have one that is identical and have no clue what breed she is.

Hi All, this pr. has been passed around twice before given to me at 8 wks. They are now about a yr. old. Their legs are the same, a blackish, grayish with alot of red although you sure can't tell it here. I've been trying to identify them forever. I thought GCM though her eggs are a solid dark tan definitely not choc. so... she also has no golden head feathers. Could they even be two different breeds? Thx ahead for any imput.

Back
Top Bottom