Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

This may be a little better one of the Roo.

He is a golden cuckoo marans for sure .
some times the golden does not show up on the hens , same as we see in the Black copper marans population .

I like the rooster he is well colored Single barred ( dark cuckoo ) So if you breed them together you will get a double barred Golden cuckoo Cockerels and a proper golden cuckoo pullets too .

hope that helped .

Chooks man

What breed is the gold neck one? So pretty!! I have one that is identical and have no clue what breed she is.
LL

this marans variety is very very rare even in France . the French call it la Cryonee' ( penciled ) this is a Silver type too .

they are type of penciled partridge type .

the French Marans Club is trying to promote it .only hand full of breeders flock left .

if you have one like that consider your self lucky person .

Chooks man

LL

this marans variety is very very rare even in France . the French call it la Cryonee' ( penciled ) this is a Silver type too .

they are type of penciled partridge type .

the French Marans Club is trying to promote it .only hand full of breeders flock left .

if you have one like that consider your self lucky person .

Chooks man
WOW! Great to know. How could someone best use this hen. I only have GCM and BCM roosters. I feel like she is being wasted with me.

if you have room plus time and you want to work with her let me know .I ll explain to you how to breed her and recreate the variety from her and a GCM rooster .

chooks man
Absolutely! I only have the GCM that is her hatchmate though. She resides in the layer pen currently. I can make room!

Absolutely! I only have the GCM that is her hatchmate though. She resides in the layer pen currently.  I can make room! 

I haven't had any more of these pop up yet, but hatching has been slower this year, I'll see if I can ID which hen that I have that carries it. I know that my F0 rooster does, I've marked the hen that also has the recessive white as well, I think that it is her. If i can pin it down, I can ship you more eggs, or if you come east, give you any more that come up.

I haven't had any more of these pop up yet, but hatching has been slower this year, I'll see if I can ID which hen that I have that carries it. I know that my F0 rooster does, I've marked the hen that also has the recessive white as well, I think that it is her. If i can pin it down, I can ship you more eggs, or if you come east, give you any more that come up.
I have several eggs from my GCM rooster and the cuckoo pullet in the incubator. I cannot wait to see what hatches. I doubt I will be as far east as you are until June. Thank you so much for the offer!

I have several eggs from my GCM rooster and the cuckoo pullet in the incubator. I cannot wait to see what hatches. I doubt I will be as far east as you are until June. Thank you so much for the offer!

If you are, just let me know. I'm ready to retire my F0 rooster, and I know he carries it. You are welcome to him if you are ever out this way.

If you are, just let me know. I'm ready to retire my F0 rooster, and I know he carries it. You are welcome to him if you are ever out this way.
I will be in Kyles Ford, TN June 6-9. Is that anywhere near where you are? This place is on the Clinch River and I'm not sure where it is in relation to you. I do know it is a long ways from anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom