Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

Posting to all Marans threads. Seeking a high quality pure Fugate Cuckoo Marans studcock to head flock of same.
This is for a very good friend of mine.
2-3 yrs. Old ok. Must be virile and gentle with hens. Need clean shanks. From dark egg laying dam. prefer NPIP.
Not a DQ if not NPIP. Please feel free to send this email around the net. Please reply to [email protected]
Thanks,
Karen

Talked to my friend again. He has decided not to go with the cuckoo Marans. thanks anyway.
Best,
Karen

I think it would be really interesting to have some of them thrown in with the GCMs! I am glad I reread your posts and saw that they are French feather-legged as I want to work on those instead of the clean legged ones.

I started collecting yesterday, I'll shoot for about 18 or so. Pm me your address so I'll know when to stop so they aren't any older than a week or so.

Last edited:
Morbius18,how much do you charge for hatching eggs? We have FCM and have decided to start a new coop with GCM.

She is a beautiful Marans aberation!

@morbius18
- You have grandchildren in the incubator! So excited!

How did the hatch turn out?

I got quite a few blue barred chicks from my most recent one:

How did the hatch turn out?

I got quite a few blue barred chicks from my most recent one:
I have a motley little crew. I notice in your picture there are a bunch of white head spots. PLEASE tell me they aren't all male. Mine are all white head spots, so I have been a bit down thinking they are all male. I have one that is showing barring. My darkest laying BCM and blueCM are in the pen as well as the one cuckoo and another solid 7 BCM. I haven't had any blue yet. I did have a pretty little white one hatch though. I think it is female.

I have a motley little crew. I notice in your picture there are a bunch of white head spots. PLEASE tell me they aren't all male. Mine are all white head spots, so I have been a bit down thinking they are all male. I have one that is showing barring. My darkest laying BCM and blueCM are in the pen as well as the one cuckoo and another solid 7 BCM. I haven't had any blue yet. I did have a pretty little white one hatch though. I think it is female.

The head spots are indicative of barring/cuckoo pattern. Some people say the bigger spots like back of head/neck are males. For the most part that is true, but not 100% in my experience. BCM are known to carry recessive white as well. There's a good chance you're rooster carries it too.

The head spots are indicative of barring/cuckoo pattern. Some people say the bigger spots like back of head/neck are males. For the most part that is true, but not 100% in my experience. BCM are known to carry recessive white as well. There's a good chance you're rooster carries it too.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

You made my day!!!!

The most expensive eggs I ever bought were GCM. I had a great hatch, but every single one was male! We did keep one, but put him down this spring when he became ill. I think he was three years old. We did get some nice dark laying hens from him by crossing him with a lone clean-legged hen that I had in my flock.

I plan to start over someday, but for now we are trying to downsize for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom