Let's talk Golden Cuckoo Marans!

How many pens do you have!?!​

I don t count the pens number my friend .I count the land they occupy . 2 acres all fenced in .divided into many large pens .plus the shed ,many pens ,plus the shipping container 12 pens plus many .
i never stopped building pens and coop .it is a full time ob for me ( not really me my workers .)

the no breeders chooks are all penned in one large pen 60m long by 20 m wide 3 row of fruit trees .

chooks man

I ended up deciding to cull this guy. I'm pen limited. He was showing blue splotches in his hackles. I caught him and each hackle feather was blue on the bottom and golden on the tips.
View attachment 1201038

that is the right color of the hackle feathers .blue feathers the copper is only on the upper third part .if the chooks are BC than the hackle feathers should be black at the bottom and coppery at the top .
the hackle feathers are never coppery all the way to the the bottom .
as long as the feathers are not white at the bottom than is all good .

chooks man

This is the blue barred golden cuckoo that will be working with this spring. Hopefully he'll grow into his tail, its a bit high and straight instead of at a 45. How would a double barred blue appear? He seems light to begin with, would it be even lighter?
View attachment 1201041 View attachment 1201043 View attachment 1201044

he look s like his sire .he inherited the cream gene too .

his ears lobe look white in some photos .is that from the camera or is some white in there .
the younger cockerel doesn t seem to have a white ears lobes .they are red .the way they should be

can you check for me please .

70% of my cull this years had a white ears lobe .

chooks man

2017-12-02-20-31-44-jpg.1201041

@morbius18

can you see the white on his ears lobe .
his ears lobe are mostly red ,but not a pure red .a big problem

chooks man

It seems like my hens also carry the cream coloration.
2017-12-17 18.08.41.jpg
2017-12-17 18.08.22.jpg

Blue copper marans, from blue black splash coppers, Mother of both with black barred daughters right below and in front of her (no gold):
2017-12-17 18.24.54.jpg

And pic of her black barred son:
2017-12-17 18.11.06.jpg

I'm guessing that they all posess the Di dilute gene, would a dilute mask the copper color on the blue copper hen, making them Di/Di? Or did they only inherit it from the father, being Di/di?

Back
Top Bottom