Let's Talk Mille Fleur Cochin Bantams

The person I got these from told me they are cochins. I see they are bearded. I think they are D'uccles . Any thoughts. It's a pair.

Attachments

• image000000_01.jpg
    image000000_01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 47
You do have some beautiful birds. I just have a couple of questions. I had gotten a Mille Fleur d'Uccle and a Porcelain d'Uccle chick, but Millie didn't make it. I love the way they look, but I'm thinking they're smaller than what I want. I have a Barred Rock, a Barnevelder, and a couple of gold-laced. Are these the same as the d'Uccles or a little bigger? I'd like to get another in the spring with that coloring.

Thank you

You do have some beautiful birds. I just have a couple of questions. I had gotten a Mille Fleur d'Uccle and a Porcelain d'Uccle chick, but Millie didn't make it. I love the way they look, but I'm thinking they're smaller than what I want. I have a Barred Rock, a Barnevelder, and a couple of gold-laced. Are these the same as the d'Uccles or a little bigger? I'd like to get another in the spring with that coloring.

Thank you
The cochin bantams are fatter looking barely bigger. Maybe attend a chicken auction or small animal livestock auction in your area you never know what you may find there.

i know this thread has been innactive for quite some time, but let me juts say i love my mille fleur and calico bantam cochins! i breed them and have about 50 chicks growing out right now! i have pictures of them on my facebook page
Feathers and Foliage Farm

Facebook sucks.
You need to post pics here please.
I will when i get home.

most of my birds were just killed yesterday by the dog my neighbors were sitting. i didnt know the dog was over there or i wouldnt have let my birds out. i got a call from him and came outside to find feathers everywhere and him picking up dead birds and making a pile.
the dog got all my best birds and left the ones that were going to be sold this summer. my only frizzle mille, my best calico from my line, my best mille from my line, and my main rooster to name a few. he offered to buy me new birds but i wasnt hopefull of finding adults locally. i saved the contact of the guy i got my original calicos from years ago and by some chance he still has a few and is willing to sell me a trio. i also reached out to one of the best mille breeders in the country (top 10) who is in my state, but 3 hours away so ive never gotten birds from her yet, but its been a dream of mine. she sold all of her 2020 growouts, but she said i couldnt have better timing because she decided she didnt need 6 pens of mille and is going thru them this week and ill be the first to know which birds shes selling.

Back
Top Bottom