lets talk silkes....i have questions

Quote:
ahhh!!! least i got one good side out of ordering from a hatchery. Now i have a last question "last one i swear, nobody is getting hurt and this hijacking will be over soon" LOL

When ordering silkies..."through hatchery or breeders" are we all at mercy to the st. run choice???...in regards to both gender and whether or not we get the bearded or non-bearded kind??? I called meyer's and asked them what they ship'd me and they said "getting bearded silkie chicks is just the luck of the daw" Is that 100% true?

Beards are related to breeding--they should be able to tell you that the chicks will be bearded or not. From two well-bearded parents all babies should be bearded. A well-bearded parent X a non-bearded parent will give you partially bearded babies--not what you'd prefer.

As far as gender, unless you want to pay the big bucks for DNA sexing, then yes, you are at the mercy of Murphy.

Is it okay for certain colors of silkies to have "mismatched" coloring on the beak and feet. I had a couple of cuckoo that had splotchy feet and beaks...

Back
Top Bottom