lets talk silkes....i have questions

All silkies should have mulberry to black combs and wattles. I'd be interested in seeing your new bird, can you send me pics? Thanks

thanks for the Good wishes Melinda -- I am going to Need them ----
My birds Molt 3 times approx a year --- and it alway manages to be when I am showing ---- my large crested Buffs previous variety winners are at half their best my blacks are same -- My blue ever the true Sq is awesome but her show mate is 50 % - the partridge are great - one of the items I have noticed from George Mahlik is molting is not a show stopper with my stock I mated his into .

my whites my last add as I begin my second year with them are still my weak point -- at least the girls I have awesome white roos but the girls are still the Favorites ---My NB's look good though --
It's just Shari Luck LOL

I hope you enjoy the silkie hen oldtimegator, she was one of my favorites but i had no use for her and you did. If you decide to breed her with your lavender roo, keep me updated.
pop.gif

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. She's a sweetheart. Laid an egg each day since I picked her up!! She's going to be in "quarantine" for a few more days...I always separate all new birds coming in for a while until I'm sure all is well and then she'll be going in with "Tut"...the lavender boy.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks a bunch. She's a sweetheart. Laid an egg each day since I picked her up!! She's going to be in "quarantine" for a few more days...I always separate all new birds coming in for a while until I'm sure all is well and then she'll be going in with "Tut"...the lavender boy.
big_smile.png

Yeah i'm gonna start quarantining everything. I didn't know until after i got my new additions but everything is fine its been months. If you have any hatching eggs or chicks for sale from her and Tut let me know i would be intrested =]

hmmm well i ordered 4 st.run white silkies from meyer's hatchery in Ohio with some intent on showing them next year. Guess i ordered them the wrong way huh?? Well im new to chickens and we all gotta learn some way. I ordered 4 in hopes of at least getting 2 girls because i am anti-roo lol. Ether way the other 2 will end up leaving because i do not have enough room so i guess you can say i bought "insurance" silkies lol!!! My question is...even tho they are hatchery grade silkies, would they still make good broody hen's for me?? I'm incubating right now and controlling the temp and humidity along with turning the egg's by hand 5 times a day is turning out to be alot more than i wanted to deal with. So i thought.."why not let the silkie girls do my incubating for me??" lol

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

What about toe color? Is one white toe a DQ?
smile.png

I didn't see an answer to this one...I had a couple of cuckoos that had some loss of pigment in a couple of toes...​

Back
Top Bottom