Lets Talk WINE!!!!!

Quote:
It's not on there website , but I do have a lil pull in this area ( Hospitality work rocks, so many fun benefits) but will stop by this weekend and see... Also quite a few of our Wine stores sell our local wines, so maybe they still have some on hand...
HAve you tried Simmons they are in Columbus... Really nice wines.. Then Seymour has Chateau De Pique... Man I think I'm gonna have a wine tasting tour this weekend... Its free and you get drunk.. Woohoo

I ahev helped to make Mead in the past and My friends home made beer ... She called her 6month Witches Brew... That stuff was soo yummy ...

Okay, I hesitate to mention this because I don't want it to become so popular I can't find it anymore! The brand is Bandit, the variety is Pinot Grigio, and it comes in a green box. Not the big rectangular box like you at every barbeque. It's a tetra-pak type container (like a juice box!), and you get the equivalent of a bottle and half but it's only about 8.99 and it doesn't get any better than this for 8.99 a liter!

Unfortunately I like GOOD red wine about as much as I like my chickens!!!
love.gif
Right now there are some great Spanish wines under $20/bottle, two great "blends" are Altos de Luzon Jumilla 2005 and Castell Del Remei Gotim Bru 2005. Not sure with the weakening of the US Dollar to the Euro how much longer these will be a value, but right now they are. I have more bottles of red wine in the basement than I have chickens in the coop.....guess that tells where my priorities are huh?
celebrate.gif

My husband discovered Bulls Blood when he was in Scotland. We actually found it here .. we have to hunt for it.

Sooooo....

Egri Bikaver (Bulls Blood of Eger)
From Hungary
http://www.bullsblood.com/

It's RED
It's DRY
But it's smooth .. almost too smooth ... will sneak up on you...

About 7.00 .. suprisingly!

Quote:
Oh I am a duplin county wine fan too!!! LOVE the muscidine grape wines. A new Winery just opened up in Wake County (first one I think) called Adam's. Its on Hwy 42... they do the Muscadine wines too!!!

Going to buy a bottle long as they are under $10! I RARELY spend more then $10-$15 on wine. Our anniversary last year I did buy a $45 bottle... and my husband drank it and liked it... but he won't drink any other wine now. So now he just doesn't drink wine! LOL

Back
Top Bottom