Letter from a Retail Worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Its not a lack of patience, empathy or not liking people....Its the fact that no human should ever treat another like they are a child. Yelling is poor behavior and adults who do it are acting like spoiled brats. We all are tired and rushed....Its the golden rule that should come into play regardless.

And I doubt that anyone loves every aspect of their job. The OP was just venting about whats difficult in her job right now, just like many others have done. She never said that she didnt like people. She just doesnt like being treated disrespectfully over things that she cannot control.

I feel so bad for all retail persons. I worked retail for only a short time and can relate! Now I am an RN and its quite similar.

"Screaming at me is not going to make that test result magically appear, it take 24 hours for those results to be read...its only been 10 minutes"

We all need to remember that everyone has stress...EVERYONE! Just remember that golden rule we were taught in school...ITS SO TRUE!!!!

Quote:
It would only be offensive if you do the things mentioned. Store employees are paid to stock the selves, set up displays, help a customer find a particular item, and check you out. There are an amazing amount of things the employees are supposed to be doing besides helping customers. We are not there to be abused, yelled at, baby sit, provide entertainment for your children, or do your shopping.

In our store well behaved children are appreciated and if possible, will be given special opportunities others do not receive. Some of our best customers are responsible children.

I love to actually DO the job I'm getting paid for. Just remember most stores are short staffed and the employees can't change that. Good employees have to make up for the poor employees or those that call out. Store policies are store policies - if I break them to make you happy I will lose my job.

and off that first sentence only my answer is----NO ONE in this word is perfect. And everyone at some time has been rude to a retail worker....being that "you" don't know what "rude" is to the other person on the receiving end.

heavens forbid ANYONE never went above and beyond their exact "work duties" listed on their job. Like we all haven't had to give more than required.

and you think retail workers have it hard in this lifetime

please take time to reflect on REAL troubles, thru the REAL world, and the millions of people wishing they had your jobs, wishing they could earn a dollar and support themselves, and all those over the world that have nothing! literally.

the moaning and groaning and venting of America is becoming pathetic.

Quote:
duc.gif

Quote:
Everyone has it hard at times!

Does the OP's letter compare with world hunger...of course not, but she has a right to voice her frustrations just like everyone. Don't attack her because she gave herself a moment of somewhat amuzing truths. Thats just not fair of you.

Quote:
I agree with you. But there are some people out there who honestly think everything is unfair to them; their jobs, their family members, their significant others, whatever.

Some people complain about everything.

They have no gratitude for what they have, I think.

to me you don't like your job, quit

simple as that

and while STOPPING the rants and misery about one's own problems won't solve world hunger....but you might take the time to think about another humans beings problems that are far worse than your own. But hey, wrap up all that good energy on venting on customers in your line of work....hey that is good use of energy.

Quote:
So is starting a flame war on BYC. Happy Holidays!
cool.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom