Letter to City of Hayward... What do you think?

Hi yorick,

I was wondering if you've had any advancement in your effort to raise your chickens under the city's ordinances. I too live in Hayward and would like to raise my own backyard chickens but am not sure what it would entail to qualify for the permit. Please give us an update.

Thanks,
kary

p.s. I like that you are willing to fight for sustainable living and would be willing to sign a petition :)

Hello to the person who got trouble with the city of Hayward, I would like to know the outcome of your letter. I also live in Hayward and want to be a part of your petition. Are you still able to keep it? thanks.

I had to put my project to petition the city on hold but plan to take it up again now that things have opened up for me. I'll post an update once I have it in place.

Im in hayward too. Got 4 chicks at the closed feed store in hayward and they are all about a month old now. So far the chicks arent making too much noise. And I always have tons of birds chirping in front and backyard which are louder than my chicks. Hope that the city is going to change the ordinance. Ive seen neighbors having chickens in their backyard when they post up pictures for open house.

Last edited:
I am also a Hawyard resident. Last spring I called Alameda animal control to see if chickens were allowed. They said no chickens are allowed with in Hayward city limits but if you live in unincorporated Hayward you could have up to 3 hens.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom