Letting your inner cheap out

Quote:
been doing that since I got married 27 yrs ago. back then it was because the laundry mat was so expensive.
Now its cause I have a shallow well

I reuse plastic bottles incessantly. I put anything and everything in them. I save grocery bags and wash and reuse ziploc plastic bags. Anything plastic is to be used over and over until it wears out.

I use my scrounge radar. I find all sorts of useful things, especialy while out driving. Five gallon buckets (plastic again)- Oh yeah!'
Cinder blocks? Dumped PVC pipe? Scrap lumber? Oh you know it.

Quote:
I thought everyone did that?

We all have our own towel, and we use it all week, gets washed on a sunday.
If you don't get yourself clean - its your own towel, not mine!
lol.png

I am a confirmed "dumpster diver" - I am always AMAZED at the stuff other people throw out! Recent finds include a hammered metal trash can & matching tissue box cover for the bathroom, a metal bookshelf, a gorgeous Italian looking ceramic planter and a great vintage cabinet that someone started to refinish but gave up on.

I also save ALL my grocery bags for the bathroom trash cans / kitty litter refuse and all the plastic bags from the newspaper for picking up dog poop. Oh! And I recently bought an old-fashioned push mower. I told everyone it was because I was trying to be "green", but really it's because I'm too cheap to pay $4 a gallon for gas....

Quote:
I often throw out stuff like that, well not often but you know.....
I find it kinda amusing at times to see someone trying to SELL something for $2 or $3 - seems to be a HUGE waste of time to me.
I see folks selling old magazines and stuff like that - and it amuses me. I know some folks need every penny, but really!!!!
TIssue box cover would have gotten thrown out here too - I mean where on earth would I SELL something like that... Craigslist? LOL Tissuebox cover $1.50
gig.gif
Not worth it!
NOT DISSING YOUR TISSUE BOX COVER _ JUST AN EXAMPLE!

PS - today would be the day to dig in my trash!
big_smile.png
Threw away a couple of jackets my husbands grandfather wore....... my husband ain't gonna wear them, and goodwill is an hour away - TOO much trouble, just toss them and get them OUT OF MY HAIR!

Last edited:
Quote:
I often throw out stuff like that, well not often but you know.....
I find it kinda amusing at times to see someone trying to SELL something for $2 or $3 - seems to be a HUGE waste of time to me.
I see folks selling old magazines and stuff like that - and it amuses me. I know some folks need every penny, but really!!!!
TIssue box cover would have gotten thrown out here too - I mean where on earth would I SELL something like that... Craigslist? LOL Tissuebox cover $1.50
gig.gif
Not worth it!

PS - today would be the day to dig in my trash!
big_smile.png
Threw away a couple of jackets my husbands grandfather wore....... my husband ain't gonna wear them, and goodwill is an hour away - TOO much trouble, just toss them and get them OUT OF MY HAIR!

so there are no good will boxes on your way to anywhere? At my local dump there is a storage shed where anyone can leave anything they don't need any longer. I check it out every time I go. Got a brand new in the box glass coffee pot once and there are always books. Also got a toy kitchen (fisher Price for my grandchildren

Back
Top Bottom