Levamisole wormer info needed

Pics
Keep in mind that all I did was look up the dose in a book and do the math, I have not used this medication. So please do double check everything before you use it.
I am hitting one roadblock. I have a postal scale (and have tried it on a kitchen scale as well) and it won’t pick up a small weight of 1.1 grams. There looks to be probably 1 tablespoon of product on my scale and it still registers 0. Should I just go with 1/4 tsp then?

I am hitting one roadblock. I have a postal scale (and have tried it on a kitchen scale as well) and it won’t pick up a small weight of 1.1 grams. There looks to be probably 1 tablespoon of product on my scale and it still registers 0. Should I just go with 1/4 tsp then?
Try weighing two tablespoons and see what that gives you.

Okay, so that means each tablespoon = ~10 grams, so does 3.3 grams per teaspoon sound right?
Yes and so to get the 1.1 gram I just would use 1/3 tsp and mix it in the 20ml of water. She is roughly 4.8 lbs so when I did your calculation I got roughly 1.5 ml when rounded. I plan to give this as a bolus dose.

Here is my math using your formula:
4.8x16/50=1.5ml

Does my math match yours?

Last edited:
I need to double-check my math and get back to you. :oops:
Yes and so to get the 1.1 gram I just would use 1/3 tsp and mix it in the 20ml of water. She is roughly 4.8 lbs so when I did your calculation I got roughly 1.5 ml when rounded. I plan to give this as a bolus dose.

Here is my math using your formula:
4.8x16/50=1.5ml

Does my math match yours?
Did this work for you? I'm most certain that 3 of my cochins have gapeworms. We live out in the country with lots of wild birds and are a favorite nesting area for them. My chicken run is really large, 480 sq. ft. for 8 chickens with a coop that's 64 sq. ft. so they aren't crowded and things are kept clean. I'm new to this.

Hello, I have 5 chickens with another bout of round worms. I have found 2 separate poops with the worms in 1 week. I used fenbendazole the last 2 times PLUS they are mid molt. Would .5 gram to 1 gallon of water sound accurate for 5 hens of the pig levamisole?

Back
Top Bottom