LG 9200...How important is a fan? Also LG 9200 vs. HovABator

LarissaCluck

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 11, 2011
Central Coast, CA
So I am nervous and getting ready to set my first eggs. I have an LG 9200 that I bought in case I couldn't get a hold of one. I am hoping to return it if I don't need. I also have a n olderHov a Bator 1602 that I was able to borrow that has an egg turner. I'm assuming the egg turner could be used in the LG, but I am unsure.

How effective would either be without a fan? Should I run out and get one? Does it matter greatly?

And if you had access to both, which would you use?

Wow I feel like a nervous mom freaking out about birth. LOL!

Well if you don't have a fan you might want to bump up the temp. to 101 F. I think it doesn't matter if you have a fan or not... not sure.

I have a little giant still air incubator (3 actually) and no fan and I have had some pretty good hatches in mine as well as some disappointing ones and the disappointing hatches was mostly my fault. I have never had a fan in mine.

I was going to get the still air incubator but my dad said I can't get any incubator
somad.gif

If I had a choice I would get the LG because of the price.

Those results make me feel good about the LG that I just bought. Found a deal from a BYCer for a new LG with an egg turner for $55 + shipping. It came to just over $71. The cheapest I could find was $45 each at tractor supply and that was with my farm tax exemption. There is another BYCer in my area that is going to sell me some hatching eggs so I don't have to worry about getting them shipped. I can buy my first eggs with the money I saved on the incubator. I am one happy camper.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom