LG Incubator Temp Adjusting Knob Driving Me INSANE!! Any hints for me?

You have to get a feel for only turning the knob just a touch at the time and keep the temp in your house on the same setting if possible. I found that a fluctuation of just a few degrees in my house had me fighting the LG all the time. Once you get it close don't keep adjusting it. When you add water use luke warm to avoid cooling it down. Make sure you are in an area away from a heating vent or drafts. If your bator is old you may consider replacing the thermostat..it could be causing the problem. Once I got mine adjusted it has worked good.

Last edited:
get a genesis
he.gif
i know the feeling i have to adjust mine 5 times a day , last night perfect, morning 98 (i left it), 3pm 104,
barnie.gif

genesis is on it's way,,

I fought with mine for awhile, then finally, I gave up on getting it exactly to 99.5 and when I gave up, that's when it hit exactly 99.5. Now it goes from 99.5-100.0, but I don't muck with it, .5F off is better than trashing the hatch.

I have read many of these before about these LG bators, try fitting on a bigger knob then it will be so much easier to turn it in smaller increments. Just try some different things laying around the house and try them.

AL

I have to adjust my stryofoams all the time 3-5 times a day. Figured because we don't heat/air our house. ANyway, I've read where someone puts their incubator in a larger styrofoam container, the temps hold bretter. I may try this the next time.

Also, I want to make a paper circle and tape it on the box and try marking it for desired evening temp, morning, temp etc, so I have a more accurate time.

Hubby bought me a really nice old homemade wood incubator and I'm so happy with it. Not so much finagling. Have a blessed day! Nancy

Back
Top Bottom