LG vs Genesis 1588 HATCH OFF pic

I have both also. Until I get a fan in my LG I will not use it again.
Special eggs ALWAYS goes in the 1588.
love.gif

Now, off to figure out how to turn my wine cooler into an incubator.

I had an LG. It was a death chamber.

Mine did have a fan, but the problem was the temperature would never stabilize. It would go from 100 to 106 to 96. I killed every egg I put in it. Now I have a 1588.
smile.png
Love it.

Bought the Genesis with the autoturner for our first hatch!! We used shipped eggs which I think was a factor...but we did get 3...it was a steady eddie with temp and humidity and now we're doing a second hatch with local fertile eggs and the eggs look GREAT!! I would highly recommend it...well made and nice features!!! Back up ac/car battery adapter is a worthwhile purchase too. We had a power outage on hatch day and I almost lost my mind...luckily neighbor had one and ran it over...saved the day!!!
10027_p5150016.jpg

fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
we candled today, and honestly took about equal number of clear and/or quitters out of each one...which is kinda expected? clear is clear irregardless of incubator?
next 10 days is the test- imho

I candles today and out of the 42 in the genesis I had 40 fertile with a lot of movers in the LG I had 14 fertile out of 17 good these was sat same day as the 42 in genesis and out of the 17 first collected that have been in a week longer there was 10 fertile out of 17
So there are 40 in the genesis and 24 in the LG temp and hum holding well in both

still stable here with our test boxes. will candle again before lockdown.

btw, have noticed temp fluctuations in the extra LG I am using for quail eggs, could not tape that one til lockdown yesterday as have had to hand turn them.

Quote:
I have a few questions to ask about your incubators: What are the plastic tubes used for - I assume adding water- and the syringe (water also)??

Back
Top Bottom