LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Anyway on a more on topic note-
I hope this isn't too personal to ask, obviously don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to-
For anyone under the trans umbrella, how old were you when you knew you were trans? Did you always know, did you figure it out as you got older?
Curious to hear about your experiences if that's okay with anyone

Idk if non-binary is considered under the trans umbrella (in some circles maybe but probably not all) but I've been slowly coming to the conclusion that I feel femme but then other days just... Nothing. 🤣 I'm nearly 31 and slooowly realizing it.

Anyway on a more on topic note-
I hope this isn't too personal to ask, obviously don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to-
For anyone under the trans umbrella, how old were you when you knew you were trans? Did you always know, did you figure it out as you got older?
Curious to hear about your experiences if that's okay with anyone
Hmmm, I think I was around 45?

I (and anyone who knew me) always knew there was something 'different' about me. Growing up when I did though, and in the environment I did (quiet suburbs of a government town) this wasn't something that was even general knowledge. I never did 'girl' things, like play with dolls (unless they were Star Wars action figures!), and enjoyed 'rougher' passtimes and hanging out with the guys.

It took a computer game to make me finally put two and two together. And even then, as I grew used to being male, I realized I tend more towards non-binary with strong male leanings.

Idk if non-binary is considered under the trans umbrella (in some circles maybe but probably not all) but I've been slowly coming to the conclusion that I feel femme but then other days just... Nothing. 🤣 I'm nearly 31 and slooowly realizing it.
I think it's technically under the trans umbrella, yes! Okay that's interesting!
Thank you for sharing!
it's kind of reassuring to me that some people took time to figure themselves out, lol

Huh!
I guess perhaps!
I used to have hallucinations at night, as a child. Truly terrified me. But I don't get them much anymore so it's always a surprise when it happens
I haven't had many vision or hallucinations, although I remember one clearly and it terrified me! I was a very young child, probably less than 10 years old, and I woke up and saw a figure in a cloak and hood walking down the hallway outside my room.

Scared the poop out of me, but no way I was going across the hall to the washroom to take care of that!

Hmmm, I think I was around 45?

I (and anyone who knew me) always knew there was something 'different' about me. Growing up when I did though, and in the environment I did (quiet suburbs of a government town) this wasn't something that was even general knowledge. I never did 'girl' things, like play with dolls (unless they were Star Wars action figures!), and enjoyed 'rougher' passtimes and hanging out with the guys.

It took a computer game to make me finally put two and two together. And even then, as I grew used to being male, I realized I tend more towards non-binary with strong male leanings.
Thank you for sharing that!

I guess I'm trying to figure things out, I'm not sure if I'm under the umbrella or not, if I'm honest. Every time I feel any discomfort with my gender, I think I just bully myself into thinking I'm imagining it, or being dramatic. I'm scared to lean into any feelings I have, I just don't trust them, even when they're intense. Perhaps my upbringing, I don't know

I haven't had many vision or hallucinations, although I remember one clearly and it terrified me! I was a very young child, probably less than 10 years old, and I woke up and saw a figure in a cloak and hood walking down the hallway outside my room.

Scared the poop out of me, but no way I was going across the hall to the washroom to take care of that!
I used to see people stood by my bed at night. Usually just staring at me. I thought they were my parents sometimes, I'd speak but they'd stay silent, so I'd just hide under the covers!
It's funny because my mum also saw figures in that house, including an old woman.
Perhaps ghosts? Idk.

I think it's technically under the trans umbrella, yes! Okay that's interesting!
Thank you for sharing!
it's kind of reassuring to me that some people took time to figure themselves out, lol

No problem!
Imho gender and sexuality are a spectrum and are always changing and fluxing. I've never been super girly and still don't understand make-up or styling my hair, but I like dressing in dresses now and wearing pink and girly stuff. It took me a LONG time to accept my femininity just because of society saying girls are gross and just the misogyny in general? But I remember asking someone once like, "... You ever feel super girly one day but the next like you're just a person in a skin suit? Like not a girl, not a boy, but.... Ehhh?"

I'm from a VERY rural area, super conservative Oklahoma. Nobody really talks about this stuff out here. 🥴 But the gay, lesbian and queer community are growing and more out than they have been.

Thank you for sharing that!

I guess I'm trying to figure things out, I'm not sure if I'm under the umbrella or not, if I'm honest. Every time I feel any discomfort with my gender, I think I just bully myself into thinking I'm imagining it, or being dramatic. I'm scared to lean into any feelings I have, I just don't trust them, even when they're intense. Perhaps my upbringing, I don't know
Take your time, examine your life, your likes and dislikes, and especially your feelings. Like @Fallenone05 said, things are constantly changing, and our experiences can and do affect out lives. All I know is that I finally feel 'right'.

In the end, I am ME.

Not sure if genderfluid is close enough, I noticed it about the end of 6th-beginning of 7th grade. I did think I was Trans until about freshman year. Then I forced myself to accept that I was female and a girl because my girlfriend was a lesbian and I didn't want her to decide I wasn't good enough.

About my first year in college, the feelings came back, and I wasn't with her anymore, so I let myself actually feel them. It wasn't the same as how I feel being Trans is though, since sometimes the 'shirt' fit and felt right, and sometimes it didn't.

So I've considered myself fluid since then. Occasionally it gets really bad and I feel like the 'shirt' is twisted and seven times too small and I just want to claw it off whole screaming. But sometimes it feels like a nice, worn t shirt you'd wear for painting since it's too old and loved to wear in public anymore.

I don't know if that will help or even make sense. I'm just not sure how else to explain it

Back
Top Bottom