LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Honestly, black-and-white thinking is ridiculous in almost all aspects of life.

It gets really bad in discussions about gender, sexuality, and politics. If you say you're non-binary or genderfluid, bisexual or pansexual, independent or moderate, it's like people get angry that you haven't chosen a side. It's very weird and it needs to stop. Most things are more nuanced than people want to believe.

(Btw I'm a cishet woman, but I enjoy reading the discussions here. 👀)
Especially you're more than one of those 😂

The whole "everybody is hiring right now" is BS and it's so difficult getting a job. Idk where you're at but I hardly got anything back on mine either. I've altered my pay to take $20 or something out of each and every paycheck until next tax season. Oklahoma SUCKS on tax returns and making anything livable means paying them back. 🥴

Don't give up though. Keep on applying. Use Indeed like your life depends on it.
Indeed is all I only use unless the places I want to apply only have the applications on their website.
I still wish I had just applied to a few places before I had gotten let go from Wilco so that I wouldn't have to look for a job.

So maybe, if you are not sure what who you want to be, just concentrate on doing what you want to do, never minding about doing anything to fit in, for a little while; and it might actually make it clearer.
EXACTLY!!

Choosing a side is not so good, either is trying to fit one of the plethora of labels with their varied descriptions(I think this just causes more despair and confusion)

EXACTLY!!

Choosing a side is not so good, either is trying to fit one of the plethora of labels with their varied descriptions(I think this just causes more despair and confusion)
I get what youre saying, and i do agree
its just the trouble is those labels won't stop existing for people. So if they can't figure out their identity, they may endure a lot of discomfort and dysphoria
Like pronouns, the way they're seen- and that can be really uncomfortable sometimes
In an ideal world, the concept of gender would just be gone and we wouldn't need labels or roles or expections

I've never been able to "pick a side"
I'm going to just
The Little Mermaid Facepalm GIF

If I end up identifying as both abrosexual and genderfluid
I don't think that would go down well with my parents... or my dating life

Like pronouns, the way they're seen- and that can be really uncomfortable sometimes
In an ideal world, the concept of gender would just be gone and we wouldn't need labels or roles or expections

And then we can all be Cousin It! :D

Seriously though, I usually refer to someone as 'they' now. It's become automatic.

Bit of a rant, possibly TW for anyone who struggles with their mental health?

I woke up in a really good mood, planning to take the day easy, perhaps work on my new art project or try and eat something

And my mum dumps so much on me, from my animals and wanting me to change my set ups, telling me I'm a liar and a promise breaker because I've been unable to find a suitable home over the past 5 months, for my rescue rabbit and am considering adopting her myself
Telling me because of that she'll never trust me to keep my word ever again
Telling me I won't be able to look after her, my dad will become angry with me

This is all founded on how I wasn't very good at looking after my rabbits as an 11 year old. I'm considerably older now, and Bonnie relieves 5 star care based on the lessons I learned all those years ago

And then she tells me I promised her I'd help with all these jobs today, and I didn't promise that, so she's really mad at me
But I considered helping anyway and now I feel like I'm about to enter another anxiety attack.

I'm probably just being dramatic, ugh I feel so low
This isn't what I planned for today

Back
Top Bottom