LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Can I just say, if you call me, just know you've made an enemy for life.

Not totally serious, I just hate when people call me and they're not in my contacts. Completely ramps up my panic and paranoia. Even worse when I can't google the number to see who it was.
And of course it's a wrong number.

Can I just say, if you call me, just know you've made an enemy for life.

Not totally serious, I just hate when people call me and they're not in my contacts. Completely ramps up my panic and paranoia. Even worse when I can't google the number to see who it was.
Ha. I don't even answer phone calls. Not even to a doctor or therapist. Like no, it's 2023, I'm an anxious wreck, learn how to text or email 😤
I only answer calls from like, two people.

Idk why but this really got me

I was out in the garden and there's a kid playing next door, the dog starts barking at something and he barks back... and then Dougie and Sprightly do this series of very loud quacks- and I hear the kid try his very best to copy them at the top of his lungs 😭🤣
I don't know if he realised it was ducks quacking, he just put all his effort into mimicking the sound so I just hear him go "EH EH EH EH" behind me and I'm dead 💀

I don't even answer phone calls.
Everyone I want to talk to has their own ringtone. If it's the generic ringtone, I let it go to voicemail. I'll look to see if it's someone in my contacts first, like the vet, calling with test results for Freya this morning.

I took Freya for her yearly physical yesterday. My vet has a pride flag stuck in one of the planters in the lobby. :thumbsup

I blame being screamed at by mad customers for the 5-6 years I worked at Pizza places for my phone anxiety. I used to be the little kid constantly calling people to see if I or they could come over. Now the thought of making a phone call brings shaking, tears and literally at least an hour of mental preparation. And then I try to call after business hours for most things so I can leave a message instead.

I blame being screamed at by mad customers for the 5-6 years I worked at Pizza places for my phone anxiety.
that's awful! I'll never understand why people behave so horribly to people who are just doing their job...
I used to be the little kid constantly calling people to see if I or they could come over.
same, actually. I'd even call my aunts just to talk on the phone. Its sad, thinking about it...
Now the thought of making a phone call brings shaking, tears and literally at least an hour of mental preparation. And then I try to call after business hours for most things so I can leave a message instead.
That's a pretty neat idea actually, I might do that sometime.
Last time I had to answer the phone for an appointment I wrote a whole script of what I should say... and then let it ring out because I still didn't feel ready
Really hate phone calls...

Back
Top Bottom