LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I am married and heterosexual, but find this thread so good at de-mystifying all the abbreviations/meanings. I don't want to offend people, but figuring out correct pronouns is hard for me! thanks
A good basic rule of thumb is to either ask, or if that's not possible to use they/them like you would if a package was delivered at your door and you don't know the gender of the person that delivered it (as in, "and they put the package in my grill!"). Always also be willing to change a pronoun if someone corrects you.

There was a trans woman at work who was fairly early in transition so still looked quite male, but you could tell by the way she dressed (included padded bra) that she was female or wanted to be seen as such. An older lady at work referred to her in the masculine and she simply corrected her in a polite way, and went on with life. The older lady apologized and I never heard her misgender her again. That was a good interaction.

@Kusanar @aart Bingo! I don't think my chickens care about religion either but plenty of threads for that. Or about who is an artist or not, but plenty of threads for that. :)

If people dividing into groups is only a problem when it's being gay and not when it's another arbitrary category maybe that's something worth examining.
You know, now that I think about it... religion is actually a banned subject on BYC and yet there are many threads centered on it including ones with mods participating. There is no rule about speaking about being gay or not as long as it doesn't get out of PG rating....

But imagine I started a thread for The Satanic Temple! People would freak out. And that is religious discrimination!!
Oh yeah... Like the statue hilarity that happened a while back. Everyone was fine with the Christian statue but when the Satanists put one up everyone had a cow. It was quite a nice statue really.

Oh yeah... Like the statue hilarity that happened a while back. Everyone was fine with the Christian statue but when the Satanists put one up everyone had a cow. It was quite a nice statue really.
Precisely what I am referring to. I'm not a satanist or any ist I guess. But I respect the level of dissent they represent. And the way they shine a blaring light on American hypocrisy.

Buutttt anyway, I love all you on this thread, old and new!

Precisely what I am referring to. I'm not a satanist or any ist I guess. But I respect the level of dissent they represent. And the way they shine a blaring light on American hypocrisy.

Buutttt anyway, I love all you on this thread, old and new!
Yeah, I'm not either. I just find it hilarious that Wicca and Satanists actually have a lot of human rights stuff in their way of life but they are seen as the bloodthirsty evil people that sacrifice virgins by firelight...

Meanwhile Christians follow a book that literally gives you guidelines for buying and selling humans and exactly when you are allowed to stone them...

Hey there! I'm a queer nb chicken lover/ keeper in Southern California. This thread warms my heart :)
Hey there neighbor! Well, a few hundred miles away neighbor.... Well, in the same state at least.... What was I saying again? Oh yeah, hi from the Bay Area.
*sigh* Going to go lurk again and practice getting old some more. :old You young’ns have a good day now.

Yeah, I'm not either. I just find it hilarious that Wicca and Satanists actually have a lot of human rights stuff in their way of life but they are seen as the bloodthirsty evil people that sacrifice virgins by firelight...

Meanwhile Christians follow a book that literally gives you guidelines for buying and selling humans and exactly when you are allowed to stone them...
Once again, RIGHT ON POINT. Here is the tenets in case anyone was wondering. So...wholesome??
https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/about-us

Yay!!! You’re going to love them!
They seem very quirky and interesting, like guineas, but WAYY more containable. They will be a feather sexable color mix coturnix from myshire. I am planning a large lean-to for them (10x5) on the ground with deep litter method. There will be 25 of them, with 2 or 3 males. I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom