LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Any of you ever feel like just crawling back in bed and never coming out again? I'm having one of those days but I have stuff to do today and can't go back to bed

Yes. Very frequently. I can't make it better but I can let you know that you have people here that are thinking of you. <3

Goood morning from Sylvia! One of my OG 10, no idea on breed.
sylvia.jpg

She wants to know how you like your eggs!
20210206_162817.jpg

Fun fact. I have been a cook at Waffle House and many other small kitchens. I make a BANGIN breakfast. 👨‍🍳

Hi to everybody in this thread. I'm a cis, hetero 60 year old woman person. In my lifetime so far, I've known, been acquainted with, liked, loved, and been a family member with many people who are gay or non-cis, trans, bi, ace, or still trying to work it out, so I hope I can be an ally to all of you.
I might not currently understand what every term means, and I might get things wrong sometimes, but I hope you folks are willing to further my knowledge, and give me a break when I might fail, since my intention is to understand, love and accept each other.

My beloved partner is a hetero-cis-male, who's very traditional, but loves and accepts his queer grandchild, without really trying to understanding them. His attitude is, he wants his grandkids to be happy and if "The Gay Agenda" doesn't affect his life, he's willing to ignore it. Maybe that's the best we can expect from traditional conservative folks? IDK, trying to promote facts to change his mind only results in raised voices. Maybe me shutting up my opinions and letting things get better slowly as they are bound to, will result in an eventual change of heart.

About me: Horses are the meaning of my life, and so is nature and the wilderness, gardening, chickens and dogs.

Welcome @littledog. You sound like a loving grandmother. That's great!

Your husband sounds a lot like "yer dad". Which is to say not YOUR dad, but like, the concept of the stereotypical "dad". Kinda conservative, older white guy who doesn't mind different things as long as they're not public or in his life, as if something like who you love and who you are could ever be under wraps.

I know you've probably done a lot to try to convince him and I bet your grandkids know it. I think with people who do really want the queer people in their life to be happy, the best tact to take is to remind grandpa that learning and using the correct terminology or just being supportive of them is suicide prevention. Suicide rates for trans folks plummet when the people in their life use their chosen names an pronouns. Similarly depression and suicide rates drop for lgb folks when those needs are also respected, even if it is something as simple as correcting language. (like if a girl is a lesbian saying "When you get married some day your wife/partner...." instead of husband.

That might be a way the slowly bring your husband around that he's more responsive to. But kudos to you for doing the learning you have and loving your grandkids. :) Wish everyone here had a grandma like you!

Welcome @littledog. You sound like a loving grandmother. That's great!

Your husband sounds a lot like "yer dad". Which is to say not YOUR dad, but like, the concept of the stereotypical "dad". Kinda conservative, older white guy who doesn't mind different things as long as they're not public or in his life, as if something like who you love and who you are could ever be under wraps.

I know you've probably done a lot to try to convince him and I bet your grandkids know it. I think with people who do really want the queer people in their life to be happy, the best tact to take is to remind grandpa that learning and using the correct terminology or just being supportive of them is suicide prevention. Suicide rates for trans folks plummet when the people in their life use their chosen names an pronouns. Similarly depression and suicide rates drop for lgb folks when those needs are also respected, even if it is something as simple as correcting language. (like if a girl is a lesbian saying "When you get married some day your wife/partner...." instead of husband.

That might be a way the slowly bring your husband around that he's more responsive to. But kudos to you for doing the learning you have and loving your grandkids. :) Wish everyone here had a grandma like you!
That is so sweet. I love this!:goodpost:

Back
Top Bottom