LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I'm so excited, for the first time in my life, I'm gunna go to pride next year! My folks have always been very anti it, so I dont plan on telling them, or they'll just abuse me for it. The parade they do here is amazing, so excited for next year!
I'm talking my brother and friend into taking me this year. Apparently my brother's been going for like 3 years

I bet that'll be fun! my sister is going to take me, we're both part of the community, although only shes out, Im not because I still live at home and it isnt safe to be.
I totally understand that. My sensuality is out to everyone (basically), but only a few people know my gender identity is different than what I present as. It'll probably be that way until I leave home just to keep the peace

@BelovedBirds and @JacinLarkwell I'm so sorry that in 2022 there are still people who need to hide who they are from their loved ones - especially parents. As the mother of a child who is part of the LGBTQ+ community, my only hope is for my child to feel safe. They might not always be safe out in the world (which is heartbreaking and terrifying), but they will ALWAYS be safe with me. You are loved. I'm sending you so many mom hugs!!
❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️❤️

@BelovedBirds and @JacinLarkwell I'm so sorry that in 2022 there are still people who need to hide who they are from their loved ones - especially parents. As the mother of a child who is part of the LGBTQ+ community, my only hope is for my child to feel safe. They might not always be safe out in the world (which is heartbreaking and terrifying), but they will ALWAYS be safe with me. You are loved. I'm sending you so many mom hugs!!
❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️❤️
Appreciated!!
Sounds like you're an awesome parent!! Your child is very lucky to have you in their life!
I've made a promise to myself that if ever I become a parent, I will cherish that child and raise them with the support that I lacked.

I totally understand that. My sensuality is out to everyone (basically), but only a few people know my gender identity is different than what I present as. It'll probably be that way until I leave home just to keep the peace
I can relate to that, I'm sorry you have to go through it!
I also won't be likely to tell my folks until I've moved out.

❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️❤️
Thank you!

It's not necessarily that I feel my safety is dependent on staying in the closet, it's more so that it's just easier to pretend a bit longer around my dad and grandparents. New things are scary to them, and I'm not one for any type of confrontation, which unfortunately would almost certainly come into play if I tried to explain it.

My brother and mom know, and while she may not understand it (I don't either honestly sometimes), she's more open to the thoughts that not everything is black and white,, male and female, Adam and Eve.

My brother is just awesome, though I still gag a little when I admit it 😅

My brother and mom know, and while she may not understand it (I don't either honestly sometimes), she's more open to the thoughts that not everything is black and white,, male and female, Adam and Eve.
I'm glad you have at least some family support! ❤️

Appreciated!!
Sounds like you're an awesome parent!! Your child is very lucky to have you in their life!
I've made a promise to myself that if ever I become a parent, I will cherish that child and raise them with the support that I lacked.
We're all doing our best to heal that generational trauma! Hang in there!❤️

Back
Top Bottom