LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Speaking of subversive in every way, is anyone watching Lovecraft Country?
I think my husband is. I'm not into Lovecraft (never really read any of it, may love it if I did) so I'm not really interested. I'm really more into fantasy with dark elements and dystopian stuff than I am more horror stuff. I absolutely HATE Poe and I'm not even that much of a fan of Anne Rice, with Anne Rice it's more that she's a good author but I can't stand 90% of the characters in her books so I want to strangle something or someone the entire time I'm reading and that's just not good for the blood pressure.

Yes, they were - in the 60's. That was an awfully long time ago. A lot of people still think these books are the ones banned, but they're actually required reading in a lot of schools.

The point is, banned book week is about books that are banned and censored and that changes as culture changes.
Yes, that was my point too ;)

Ah, I understand better now. There's been some misinformation going around about banned book week this month, saying those books are part of banned book week reading and should continue to be because they were once banned.

I misunderstood your post as being in support of featuring them for banned book week. My apologies.

Ah, I understand better now. There's been some misinformation going around about banned book week this month, saying those books are part of banned book week reading and should continue to be because they were once banned.

I misunderstood your post as being in support of featuring them for banned book week. My apologies.
No prob. :D

Hello friends. I know the news out of the supreme court this week is stressful for most of us. <3 I want you to know I'm rooting for you all.

Please remember to take care of yourselves. Self care looks like a lot more than bubble baths - it looks like cleaning, getting that extra nap, watching our chickens, stabilizing ones life by catching up on undone tasks. I hope you all find time for it this week.

Tagging @Tre3hugger, @CharcoalDragon, @Ihavesomechickens, @AllenK RGV, @Chickaritasowner, @KikiDeAnime, @jolenesdad, and of course @allosaurusrock to check in on ya'll. No need to respond if you don't wanna. Just letting you know I'm thinking about you. :)

I think my husband is. I'm not into Lovecraft (never really read any of it, may love it if I did) so I'm not really interested. I'm really more into fantasy with dark elements and dystopian stuff than I am more horror stuff. I absolutely HATE Poe and I'm not even that much of a fan of Anne Rice, with Anne Rice it's more that she's a good author but I can't stand 90% of the characters in her books so I want to strangle something or someone the entire time I'm reading and that's just not good for the blood pressure.
Oh man the characters are just incredible in this show, and it’s definitely gory, but the scariest parts have nothing to do with magic or supernatural.

Oh man the characters are just incredible in this show, and it’s definitely gory, but the scariest parts have nothing to do with magic or supernatural.
I don't have a problem with gore, I like Game of Thrones (the books not show) but there is just something I can't stand about some authors while I can still say that they are good writers.

Mercedes Lacky is probably my favorite author. I'm currently re-reading her Obsidian Trilogy (don't google that it goes to a different series), the first one is The Outstretched Shadow.

Back
Top Bottom