LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!

;) Well, I can. I know some LOVELY people in the drag scene and I did some hobby costuming for a lotta years. I can sew a corset from scraps. I also know my mom balked at makeup hard but damn when my goth sister who is our social circles resident makeup artist put it on her did she looked just lovely and glowing for my other sisters wedding. :)

The only problem is these hobbies are expensive and time consuming. People will spend hours and hours custom tailoring their outfits. High quality makeup is pricey, and the older you get the more important a good quality makeup is so it doesn't damage fragile skin. A lot of us pool our resources. I don't live with my sister anymore and we still share makeup and accessories when we go out to the club.

Oh god and don't even get me started on the shoes. Finding knee high black leather boots with 6" heels in mens sizes is VERY hard.

You stop by Ohio sometime after the pandemic and I'll hook you up. XD

I've been stalking it for a while lol
I haven't joined in because I'm cis/straight and I didn't want to intrude, and I find it hard to keep up with chat threads.
Welcome! I too get lost in chat threads. Pick up where you can.
Makeup. So. Much. Makeup. And costuming, etc. Like. It's a lot. You could look like that too if you had enough sports tape and the right wig and makeup artist.
Omg I’m a big fan of drag race. I get there’s problematic parts of Ru and the history and I’m learning there’s still a lot of privilege and conflict because of that within the LGBT community, and there’s plenty of that with the shows history, but I absolutely appreciate the contributions it makes as well.

BACK on topic, if anyone watches the show, I found it amusing that in the finale that took place during quarantine, ru wore a face mask. Like a straight up superhero covering your face mask..... because even he can’t make himself look like “RU Paul”. These other queens are working their butts off doing their own face, and Ru can’t even pretend to play anymore, lol.

;) Well, I can. I know some LOVELY people in the drag scene and I did some hobby costuming for a lotta years. I can sew a corset from scraps. I also know my mom balked at makeup hard but damn when my goth sister who is our social circles resident makeup artist put it on her did she looked just lovely and glowing for my other sisters wedding. :)

The only problem is these hobbies are expensive and time consuming. People will spend hours and hours custom tailoring their outfits. High quality makeup is pricey, and the older you get the more important a good quality makeup is so it doesn't damage fragile skin. A lot of us pool our resources. I don't live with my sister anymore and we still share makeup and accessories when we go out to the club.

Oh god and don't even get me started on the shoes. Finding knee high black leather boots with 6" heels in mens sizes is VERY hard.

You stop by Ohio sometime after the pandemic and I'll hook you up. XD
sounds like fun!

Welcome! I too get lost in chat threads. Pick up where you can.

Omg I’m a big fan of drag race. I get there’s problematic parts of Ru and the history and I’m learning there’s still a lot of privilege and conflict because of that within the LGBT community, and there’s plenty of that with the shows history, but I absolutely appreciate the contributions it makes as well.

BACK on topic, if anyone watches the show, I found it amusing that in the finale that took place during quarantine, ru wore a face mask. Like a straight up superhero covering your face mask..... because even he can’t make himself look like “RU Paul”. These other queens are working their butts off doing their own face, and Ru can’t even pretend to play anymore, lol.
Dude. WATCH DRAGULAAAA on Netfilx. Also Legendary on HBO Max. SOOOO GOOOOD.

Back
Top Bottom