LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

So I've kept quiet about this for a few months but I've been doing a lot of exploring. The conclusion is that I am actually a Lesbian and not Bisexual at all. I know it may seem weird to some but it's taken me a while to realize I have no attraction to men at all. I don't think I ever was but I had forced myself to feel that way when feelings for men weren't there.

Not sure if this is explained correctly. I'm not good at explaining things so I apologize if it's confusing.
Congrats on another step on the journey to self-realization. <3

I think this is a wonderful thread! Since the beginning of time when humans were hunter and gathers or nomads, we have all had a need to belong to something greater than ourselves. That's the purpose of this thread- to belong to a like minded group for fellowship, strength, support and most of all kindness without judgement.
I'm a old fart so forgive my ramblings.. The lgbt community stands tall today on the backs of many that were not as fortunate in times past as we are today. Never forget that! The youth of today has it figured out! They are "trysexuals" without hate for the most part. Just as it should be.
I was a young man in the 80's coming out when the aids scare hit the world. And from the bible belt... I was scared to tell my dad. So of course my mom told him... My dad was a deeply religious man and when we were alone one day he told me that he knew. He said, " That's fine son." My job as your father is to love you- not judge you. I raised you to be a person of honor, someone who will help others, do the right thing, follow your heart be a good person and I will always be proud of you. I was 18 and he was 70... He was beyond his years in wisdom. Heck, my parents liked my partner of 30 years better than they liked me at times!
My only regret in life is this: I went to a private college and it was well known to be homophobic. I chose to keep my private life a secret.... I have never bowed my head in shame but that one time. I lived a lie to make life easier. In hind site, I am full of regret for dishonoring myself, my partner and my life. I will die with that regret. My advice to anyone is never bow down for it was me being ashamed of what I am as a man.
Always remember when others lash out with anger and bitterness towards something they don't understand they must have a heart full of hurt to feel they need to pass that on to others.. Be proud of who and what you are, be kind to others, most of all just love with a open heart. Love yourself, others, animals and our planet.
Time to go let the chickens out.

Absolutely a great entrance! Every time this thread comes up and I remember the beginning of it - the ignorance and hatred (most of those posts have since been removed)- I am so saddened.
I happily live in a progressive area so when I encounter silencing/fear/shaming of the LGBT community I am surprised and it breaks off a tiny piece of my heart. Then, I just get some duct tape - tape that little piece back on there and try to continue to fight the good fight for acceptance and equality. OP's calm ability to explain and advocate through the hatred was so impressive.

I think this is a wonderful thread! Since the beginning of time when humans were hunter and gathers or nomads, we have all had a need to belong to something greater than ourselves. That's the purpose of this thread- to belong to a like minded group for fellowship, strength, support and most of all kindness without judgement.
I'm a old fart so forgive my ramblings.. The lgbt community stands tall today on the backs of many that were not as fortunate in times past as we are today. Never forget that! The youth of today has it figured out! They are "trysexuals" without hate for the most part. Just as it should be.
I was a young man in the 80's coming out when the aids scare hit the world. And from the bible belt... I was scared to tell my dad. So of course my mom told him... My dad was a deeply religious man and when we were alone one day he told me that he knew. He said, " That's fine son." My job as your father is to love you- not judge you. I raised you to be a person of honor, someone who will help others, do the right thing, follow your heart be a good person and I will always be proud of you. I was 18 and he was 70... He was beyond his years in wisdom. Heck, my parents liked my partner of 30 years better than they liked me at times!
My only regret in life is this: I went to a private college and it was well known to be homophobic. I chose to keep my private life a secret.... I have never bowed my head in shame but that one time. I lived a lie to make life easier. In hind site, I am full of regret for dishonoring myself, my partner and my life. I will die with that regret. My advice to anyone is never bow down for it was me being ashamed of what I am as a man.
Always remember when others lash out with anger and bitterness towards something they don't understand they must have a heart full of hurt to feel they need to pass that on to others.. Be proud of who and what you are, be kind to others, most of all just love with a open heart. Love yourself, others, animals and our planet.
Time to go let the chickens out.
Welcome! :hugs

I want to pose a question to a specific demographics such as this group...
Move it - delete it ? Here goes.
I've spent my life around some form of animal husbandry and question the following:
Do you think chickens (hens) are happier when they have similar varieties to interact with? As a example, I acquired 6 adult hens at once, 2 of them were australorps. I acquired a third adult hen of the same variety. She spent her time working her way into the existing group. Ignoring the flock as a whole.
In that same group was a frizzle silkie hen. When I acquired a second silkie adult - they bonded quickie and are best buds.
My two Bard Rock's have this ride or die attitude for each other's acceptance.
My 4 young red star's are a group. Same age, grew up together.
That leaves 3, a easter egger, leghorn, spotted hen without a buddy.

Do you feel because the genetics are similar they seek out others that are hard wired with the same traits?
Or..... is it a crazy old man's wish to see everything have something in their life that makes them feel like they collectively belong and be accepted as they are?

All 14 get along great. It scares me to think that chickens have figured out what people today have trouble understanding.... United they are a group, collectively we can celebrate uniqueness and diversity as long as we support it as a group.....

Sigh, do I need 3 more chickens.....

Heya gang
I kinda wants y’all’s opinions on some things that have been bugging me for a while. I’m out to my close friends, my partner (obviously), one of my teachers, and I’m not out to any family.
First, I’ve been going by the name Toby/Tobias since I’ve come out to the previously mentioned people. I sort of wanna go to a more stereotypical type of nonbinary name, such as Moss. I’ve been kind of experimenting by having my partner use that name for me. He says it suits me more, but I’m not sure if he’s just being nice or what? Which do y’all like more: Moss or Toby
Second, I’m graduating high school next month and my final English project is basically a story of my childhood/life/school experiences and about me. I come out in that book. At the end, I have a note for my parents. So far, I have it signed with Tobias (chosen middle name) (last name). Should I add Moss between Tobias and middle name or should I just take out my name???
Wow, sorry this ended up so long lol

Back
Top Bottom