LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I believe there was an extensive study done in the 90s where it showed that plant are in fact capable of feeling pain, and even fear! They were able to communicate through their roots as well

basically, yes. It does hurt and "shock" a bit, but in the long run, I find it works best for me. As I've mentioned before, roots are slightly overrated when it comes to succulents. For my more "temperamental" succulents I try to be more careful
I totally believe plants communicate and feel pain! So I don't want to hurt them but if it's better for them in the long run, then it should probably be done. I take it it's best to repot and clean the roots on a dry plant vs a freshly watered one?

I totally believe plants communicate and feel pain! So I don't want to hurt them but if it's better for them in the long run, then it should probably be done. I take it it's best to repot and clean the roots on a dry plant vs a freshly watered one?

Yup! Working with dry soil is SO much easier!

If you don't feel comfortable with going full excavator mode on those roots, you could work on just taking out the soil around the actual root ball, and just messaging the roots a bit

20240417_163142.jpg

Yup! Working with dry soil is SO much easier!

If you don't feel comfortable with going full excavator mode on those roots, you could work on just taking out the soil around the actual root ball, and just messaging the roots a bit
Thank you for this info! I need to repot a couple plants and wondered if I should mess with the roots. I will follow your instructions! 😊

Back
Top Bottom