Lice and how to keep them away

You can oder DE at www.Hoeggergoatsupply.com
its not expensive at all and that is what I use in the chickens feed and the goats feed too and it controls the mites, lice and other parasites that are on the inside too. It comes in a 4 or5 lb bag and it lasts quite a whil. Just make sure you are upwind if you put it outside and its very fluffy...LOL...just a thought if you cant get it in your area.

Many thanks for the replies. I called a somewhat-local feed store and was told, "The manager never heard of such a thing." Good grief.

I ended up ordering some from My Pet Chicken--I hadn't yet seen the sources y'all mention. Now I have even more alternatives. Yay.

If I do put a little directly onto the chickens, do I just pick it up and pat it on them?

P.S. The goat supply place has a MUCH better price than My Pet Chicken; I just compared.

Susan

Last edited:
This thread is great. We bring our chickens home tomorrow. I have two kiddos that will be "working the coop with me". Can they get mites or lice from chickens or are these lice and mites only interested in chickens? I'm freaking now because I'm kind of a germaphobe. Not a full blown one, but want to keep everything and everyone mite and lice free.
lol.png
lol.png

Hi there,
Has anyone ordered D.E. in Canada or shipped to Canada??
I have dial up:( and sooooooooooo slow :mad:so its hard for me to got all these sites to find out if they ship to Canada.
My feedstore doesn't know anything about it either..lol:rolleyes:

thanks for all the replies and info! I seam to be getting rid of them my dusting often with the dust I have. I'm dusting them like every 2 or 3 days. A pain but its working.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom