Lice? Davis Pure Planet Poultry Spray?

CuriousBeaks

Songster
Feb 18, 2021
Virginia, USA, Midgard
*sigh*

So, I think my hens have lice(not 100% sure what parasite it is). Has anyone had experience with this Poultry spray? Would it be helpful to try and get pics? My broody hen is prob infected, and her comb is kinda pale, is that a really bad sign?

I use permethrin. It's available at most feed stores including TSC and works. If you do indeed have any kind of pests, it does not kill the pests eggs so weekly repeat treatments for 3 or 4 weeks are necessary to kill the pest as they hatch out. There is no egg withdrawal period so the eggs are safe to eat. I use the concentrate but I have several coops. Good luck.

Permethrin10ConcentrateMix.jpg

Attachments

• PoultryDust.jpg
    PoultryDust.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    MartinsPen&PoultrySpray.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 12
  • PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    Permethrin10Concentrate.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 9
I looked up the Davis Pure Planet Poultry Spray and it probably wouldn't work to well. I have never tried it but to me it would be like using DE (diatomaceous earth). Some people swear by it and that's good if it works for them but I personally never had any luck with it but have had very good luck with permethrin.

*sigh*

So, I think my hens have lice(not 100% sure what parasite it is). Has anyone had experience with this Poultry spray? Would it be helpful to try and get pics? My broody hen is prob infected, and her comb is kinda pale, is that a really bad sign?
I’ve used Davis Pure Planet Poultry Spray… I tried to use it to treat and didn’t feel it was working well. However, since getting the mites
taken care of I have continued to use it as a preventative and I feel it does it’s job to prevent. I’ll continue to keep it on hand for prevention.

*sigh*

I’ve used Davis Pure Planet Poultry Spray… I tried to use it to treat and didn’t feel it was working well. However, since getting the mites
taken care of I have continued to use it as a preventative and I feel it does it’s job to prevent. I’ll continue to keep it on hand for prevention.

I looked up the Davis Pure Planet Poultry Spray and it probably wouldn't work to well. I have never tried it but to me it would be like using DE (diatomaceous earth). Some people swear by it and that's good if it works for them but I personally never had any luck with it but have had very good luck with permethrin.
I have used diatomaceous dirt ( the white food grade) in my chicken coops, on the floor, in their bedding and dirt bath for the last four years. No fleas , any bugs. It is also good for internal parasites.

DE only affects soft bodied bugs, and has no effect on any when it's wet. So zero effect on intestinal parasites, at least. And so glad you haven't had mites or lice, but DE is probably not the reason.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom