Lice eggs?

Bluebellhoney

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
My chickens are all treated with ivomectin pour on, and have regular pestene dustings
Just doing the latest one and seen these!
They are lice eggs aren’t they? I thought ivomectin was supposed to deal with this?
I have some “liquidator” which is PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE, should I spray them with that as well? Weirdly they are only on my ex battery girls and not on anyone else, and I only see eggs, no lice.

Attachments

• E0B8953C-9F7E-42B1-A390-D3BCD5F9F0D7.jpeg
    E0B8953C-9F7E-42B1-A390-D3BCD5F9F0D7.jpeg
    323.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 3131E990-081C-4969-9F1E-D07750026963.jpeg
    3131E990-081C-4969-9F1E-D07750026963.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 25
To me it looks more like sloughing older skin. Perhaps someone with 'younger' and better eyes will show up. How long have you had the ex-batt birds? Perhaps they are still regaining condition.
Yes sorry- so hard to get a decent picture! I’m just trying to go through all of them, but the girls I’ve checked so far have been here 3 months, so yes you could be right

I agree, don't treat unless you actually see something, especially something moving on the birds. FYI most treatments won't touch pests eggs. They only kill the live pests. That is why if your birds do have pests, 3 or 4 weekly treatments are needed so when the eggs hatch the treatment will kill them.

I agree, don't treat unless you actually see something, especially something moving on the birds. FYI most treatments won't touch pests eggs. They only kill the live pests. That is why if your birds do have pests, 3 or 4 weekly treatments are needed so when the eggs hatch the treatment will kill them.
Okay I will just keep an eye on it for now...
How often does everyone apply the ivermectin?

How often does everyone apply the ivermectin?
I'd not treat with anything else unless you see live lice.
don't treat unless you actually see something, especially something moving on the birds.

Going to guess you live in the UK,
due to the treatments you've listed,
where permethrin is not easily available?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1609334513545.png

Back
Top Bottom