Lice

ownhens

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2023
Hello Everyone
I purchase 7 pullets and 1 of them didn't make it. Today I notice they are full of lice I dip them on permethrin rhis morning and clean ans spray the entire coop. However, they have lots and lots of lice all over after treatment. Is permethrin suppose to kill the lice right away? Thank you

What type of permethrin did you use? There is garden dust and spray. There is a ready to use horse spray and a concentrate mixed with water. How did you apply it? I would recheck them in a bit to see if the lice are still moving. Usually, the chickens need to be treated a second time in 10 days to get the newly hatched ones.

What type of permethrin did you use? There is garden dust and spray. There is a ready to use horse spray and a concentrate mixed with water. How did you apply it? I would recheck them in a bit to see if the lice are still moving. Usually, the chickens need to be treated a second time in 10 days to get the newly hatched ones.
Thank you for your reply. I use the concentrated one diluted on water and dip chicken from neck down. When I checked on them an hour later there was lots of lice all over them walking in the feathers. I can post the pictures.

Attachments

• 20231203_144858.jpg
    20231203_144858.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Sorry for all of the questions but what product did you use, and how much water did you dilute it with? I know that Martins or Gordons permethrin 10 is diluted 1 tsp (5 ml) per quart or 4 tsp per gallon.

Back
Top Bottom