lice!!!

Ok my chickens have lice and I've tryed giving medicine that was subscribed by the vet. It seemed to work, but now the lice and mites have returned. I heard seven works well, but I also heard it doesn't get rid of the eggs, how do you get rid of those???????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
D.gif
fl.gif
When dusting, you have to redust the chickens 7-10 days later to kill external parasites hatched from eggs. If you dont, you'll have a continual problem with the bugs. You also have to treat coops, nests, roosts in the same manner. I've read that coconut oil will remove lice eggs.

Frontline is only absorbed throught the sebascious glands in the skin and does not go systemic. Eating the eggs should be fine.

I think that Revolution is the most effective, safe and cheapest product out there for lice. Revolution will kill all parasites (mice, lice etc) on chickens within 2 days. I believe it could work for a month or too as well, just like in dogs & cats.

The dosage is around 15mg - 20mg of Selamectin - which is equal to 0.15ml - 0.20ml of Revolution liquid for dogs (cat/puppy tubes are half strength, so double this amount)
Just put on the bare skin on the back of your chickens neck.

Make sure that you buy the packet for XL dogs (teal coloured packet) as then it's the best value with 2.00ml in each tube.
A 2.00ml tube will give you 10-15 doses!

Would this be the same as frontline for cats and dogs? if not could I use flea and tick powder for cats and dogs ......this is my delema...in my area you need a Rx form a vet .....problem is there are no vets in my area that deal with chickens.

Revolution and Frontline are different ingredient.
Frontline contains fipronil and methoprene.
On further research, both these ingredients have been used in poultry for parasite control with no ill effects.
So yes you can use Frontline on Poultry.
The documented dosage is 0.067 mL/kg of Frontline (dog or cat versions)
Chicken owners don't bother measuring it and just apply 3-4 drops of Frontline to the back of the chickens neck.

It's meant to kill, it is not very safe to use on the birds.Use Diatamechas Earth or DE, it's natural. If you eat the eggs after using Sevin, the hens are contaminated and the eggs aren't safe to eat.

Lots of posts about Sevin and permethrin powders. Arent both of those toxic and of concern to anyone trying to be doing this nontoxically?

Back
Top Bottom