lice

alucard

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 26, 2014
hi to everyone my hen(asil) just got broody she has like 7 fertile eggs yesterday i came to see her and saw some lice in her do u guys have any remedy.also i wanted to know if asil are good at mothering or not thanks.

See if you can find a permethrin product there. Sometime a permethrin flea spray for dogs and cats is a good solution. Laws vary so much from country to country. Don't buy diatomaceous earth in the belief it will kill all the lice; it won't.

Usually, a broody hen who sets on and hatches eggs will also be a good chick mama, staing with them for several weeks, teaching them foraging and watching out for predators, and keeping any aggressive hens away from them, as well as covering them as needed to keep their body temp up. Like anything in nature, there are exceptions -- bt Id sure give her the chance! All she heeds from you is a handful of hat, straw, wtc. to nest in, and feed that the chicks can eat, which means no layer feed and small enough pieces.

Good luck!

Thanks bro I found this pyrethroid powder have u ever heard of it does it work?

I don't know how well it works by itself, but I would probably give it a try. Here it is often sold as a combination product with permethrins. Pyrethrin is made from chrysanthemums. The only problem with it is it becomes ineffective in sunlight, so there is no real residual effect, at least as I understand it. Now, it could be that "pyrethroid" has been altered in a way that makes it less likely to become inactive in sunlight.

You really have to do your research these days....

Back
Top Bottom