Lie to me and tell me it's a girl. Do it.

Marg has a sister Gertrude, I need to take a pic of her and post it here to make sure that it is also a girl. *Phew* What a relief you guys! Thanks! I'm glad I didn't get screwed into buying a rooster!
lol.png

girl

move the arrow key down

does look like a roo! sorry.
wink.png
but enjoy him. why dont you want him? just curious.

Quote:
Too many boys already! I have my two main roosters and a bunch of other boys that are mixed breeds. It's so hard to get rid of roosters. Basically it leaves us with having to EAT them. I hope I can find this guy a home, he's a handsome lady. Should I change her name from Marg to Homer!?

Quote:
Too many boys already! I have my two main roosters and a bunch of other boys that are mixed breeds. It's so hard to get rid of roosters. Basically it leaves us with having to EAT them. I hope I can find this guy a home, he's a handsome lady. Should I change her name from Marg to Homer!?

Oh dear. Nice uhm.....errrrrr...................... uh..... barred chicken dinner.

For what it's worth, I'd keep that roo over the other ones.

Quote:
Really?! I have a french black copper Maran rooster and an Ameraucana rooster (EE). I'm keeping my Maran rooster Pedro forever and ever, but the EE is going. So you choose barnyard barred mutt over my boys huh! lol. I do admit I love the barred pattern. I just don't know what I'd mix him with! Will the babies be mostly barred if he's the daddy?

Quote:
Now I really want to see a pic of the crazy broodies!
pop.gif
I love broodies and I love so-ugly-they're-cute-mixed-bred-chickens. I have a few mix breds around here that are ugly as can be, but I don't want to hijack your thread.

Any Ameraucana or EE cross I raised usually had a beard or pea comb, but you're right, he has a Barred Rock body type with a smidge of feathers down the legs, so probably a cross of some sort.

Quote:
Now I really want to see a pic of the crazy broodies!
pop.gif
I love broodies and I love so-ugly-they're-cute-mixed-bred-chickens. I have a few mix breds around here that are ugly as can be, but I don't want to hijack your thread.

Any Ameraucana or EE cross I raised usually had a beard or pea comb, but you're right, he has a Barred Rock body type with a smidge of feathers down the legs, so probably a cross of some sort.

Please entertain me with your broody pictures! I will take some, or try to. One is a Cochin mix with an EE (I think a bantam) and it's SO ugly! It's got a Cochin POOF at the top of its head and it just looks SO flipping weird!!

Would a barred rooster throw his barring on whatever babies he makes? Barring is so pretty but I'm not sure I have room for another roo, althouuuuuuuugh I am getting rid of one. Hmm!

Back
Top Bottom