Life in our zoo

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Henrietta23, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Three 7 week olds in the basement (will add new pics later)
    Two blue swedish ducklings behind me [​IMG]
    4 five day old chicks next to me[​IMG]The dark ones are the barnevelders and the lighter are the welsummers if I've got them straight..
    Hoping to hear that the lady I ordered MMH chicks with gets them tomorrow as planned. Will add pics when I get them.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. plapczynski

plapczynski Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Chillicothe, OH
    Looks like a fun place to be!!

Good luck with all of them.

3. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I would LOVE to get some ducks, but hubby says NO! He thinks we have too many as it is. If we ever get a bigger place I'm GETTING me some ducks! [​IMG]

4. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks, I think it is! Smelly but fun. Busy but fun. It's all my kind of fun.
    Noticed that you are in Chillicothe. My husband is a tech ed teacher who builds hovercrafts with one of his classes. They've gone out to the nation rally in Chillicothe three years in a row now. DS and I went last year too. It was so much fun. We're going again this year. It's the last weekend in June I think.

5. plapczynski

plapczynski Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Chillicothe, OH
    Yup the Hover Rally and the Easy Riders bike shows are both big draws here in Chillicothe. Been to both and they were both a fun time for all!

6. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:If you make it this year, look for the Parish Hill High School team. That's us! I'll be the one being dragged around by the 6 year old boy.

7. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    Love the baby ducks. DH won't let me have ducks either:(
    At least he doesnt say much about the cats.[​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Don't give up hope. Mine said no then just resigned himself to the fact that we'd end up with them sooner or later... [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Your ducks are so pretty. I want to get a blue sweedish hen, I think they are so beautiful!

10. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:I think I'd still like to have a couple of khaki campbells too but I agree that the blue swedish are very pretty! I also want ancona ducks now too. At least I think that's what they're called. Need more room for more ducks though. Don't want to push my luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by