Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's such a gorgeous cake, Debi! Congrats on making it all official, although with how much in love you two are I think that if you were married in an old t-shirt and jean shorts in a parking lot it would all still be beautiful.
love.gif

Continuing prayers for you guys.

That's such a gorgeous cake, Debi! Congrats on making it all official, although with how much in love you two are I think that if you were married in an old t-shirt and jean shorts in a parking lot it would all still be beautiful.
love.gif

Continuing prayers for you guys.
Thank you. Ken said that he wants to take our wedding seriously because this is a true and real relationship
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png

Drum roll please. Depending on price, this is going to be our cake, without the silly bow and lavender and purple instead of black.

Lots going on so I've missed a lot. I had a lot to read to catch up!

First

CONGRATULATIONS!

I also thought you were married. You know what they say about when you assume.
big_smile.png

I love the cake! I used to make wedding cakes way back when and now rarely even do one a year. Two of my daughters do it now, one has her own business. She made a cake almost exactly like this one a few months ago. I love seeing all of her specialty cakes. Especially some of the groom's cakes. So cool.

I'm so happy the 2 of you have decided to get married. I also hope that like many of the people here have mentioned that Ken beats odds and is around to love you for many years.

Keep us updated on the cake! looks somewhat similar to the one we had! Shop around and make sure you settle for nothing less than perfect. You both deserve it!

Lots going on so I've missed a lot. I had a lot to read to catch up!

First

CONGRATULATIONS!

I also thought you were married. You know what they say about when you assume.
big_smile.png

I love the cake! I used to make wedding cakes way back when and now rarely even do one a year. Two of my daughters do it now, one has her own business. She made a cake almost exactly like this one a few months ago. I love seeing all of her specialty cakes. Especially some of the groom's cakes. So cool.

I'm so happy the 2 of you have decided to get married. I also hope that like many of the people here have mentioned that Ken beats odds and is around to love you for many years.
That is my hope as well, more than anything else. I would trade the rings, the cake, the dress, everything for him to stay healthy and around til I'm 90.

Keep us updated on the cake! looks somewhat similar to the one we had! Shop around and make sure you settle for nothing less than perfect. You both deserve it!
I am sooo going to be a cake snob. I am asking for references. One lady I contacted, I saw a cake she had made for a friend at the friends restaurant. It was really well done.

Oh. My. Gosh, Debi. Those are gorgeous! Congrats! I'll keep you both in my prayers.
They LOOK a lot bigger than they are. Each one is a total of 1/2 carat, so they are not huge like the pic makes them out to be. No big diamonds in a chicken coop - Lost one already, that is where my engagement ring is now - being repaired.

You know what we did deb, we skipped the cake all together. I love love love Whites bakery in Massachusets. love them. Real italian bakery. Anywho before I start drooling, we were going just to pick up a favorite fruit tart of mine. Had just found out I was pregnant and had everything but a cake and I was a bit queasy. Anywho loved their fruit tarts so he took me to get one. Ended up leaving after putting in an order for $200 in pasteries. TONS mini creme puffs, eclairs and such. Even got a tiramasu and a huge fruit tart. YUM Anyway got this huge 6 tier cake holder and filled it up with pastries. It suited our personality I think. The most important part of the cake is how yummy it is. They can load that thing with bows beads and flowers but when you have left over wedding cake you want to enjoy it lol. I vote for the cake snob method. It is very pretty cake. I would ask for lots of samples lol.

You know what we did deb, we skipped the cake all together. I love love love Whites bakery in Massachusets. love them. Real italian bakery. Anywho before I start drooling, we were going just to pick up a favorite fruit tart of mine. Had just found out I was pregnant and had everything but a cake and I was a bit queasy. Anywho loved their fruit tarts so he took me to get one. Ended up leaving after putting in an order for $200 in pasteries. TONS mini creme puffs, eclairs and such. Even got a tiramasu and a huge fruit tart. YUM Anyway got this huge 6 tier cake holder and filled it up with pastries. It suited our personality I think. The most important part of the cake is how yummy it is. They can load that thing with bows beads and flowers but when you have left over wedding cake you want to enjoy it lol. I vote for the cake snob method. It is very pretty cake. I would ask for lots of samples lol.
We are going to sample every bakery we can find, just because we can. Well not really: we want to keep the money we spend local, so we REALLY do want to find the best tasting bakery than can make that cake.

Ken had a good day. I am on cloud 9 when he has good days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom