Status
Not open for further replies.

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
Ken has been diagnosed with stage IV emphysema - the end stage, which means he has 2 months to 4 years. 4 years if he is lucky and responds to treatment. It cannot be cured nor stopped, but can be slowed down. We have both quit smoking, which is really the only thing we can do to slow it down.

Selling off the chickens and ducks, due to the dust out there (we live in a very dry climate). The rabbits have been all sold off. We are keeping the goats for lawnmowers, since the land is so large. There are so few things Ken can do now, we need to downsize just about everything.

We went to the college yesterday, he is a full time student since losing his job last May, and it took him and hour to get from the bookstore to the parking lot, and that just about broke my heart. So we bought a scooter today. At least he can get around campus.

I called 911 last Sunday morning, and he spent time in ICU and with a pulmonologist, and was sent home Thursday night as there is nothing more they can do for him.

We have been told it is a day to day thing.

Mother Moon is beautiful tonight, Debi. I was out on the deck thinking about you and Ken, and looking at her.

Oh!!! It has been GORGEOUS the last couple of nights. Looks like it is resting on the horizon. Gives me peace.

I am typically a cup half full kind of a person, and our recent trials have not changed that. Just makes me wonder what blessings are in store.

I only read your first post, And skipped through the rest. I"m so sorry!! prayers to you and Ken. I've always loved reading your post, this was the last thing. I could imgaine!! Hugs

Thanks. After Ken's revelation today, and our subsequent trip to church, I am hoping this was God's way of getting his attention and his diagnosis will completely go away. Hey, a girl can hope.....

Thanks. After Ken's revelation today, and our subsequent trip to church, I am hoping this was God's way of getting his attention and his diagnosis will completely go away. Hey, a girl can hope.....

Debi, with God nothing is impossible. I got this beautiful little story via email recently, I can forward it to you if you give me your address, about God making the impossible happen.
Night before last I was laying awake worrying about getting money to buy my chickens food. Went to work and got a text from DH in the morning telling me he sold a bag of chicken poo to someone for their garden (which we've never done before) AND he sold a whole lot of plants AND an electric cable I had no idea what to do with, for a good sum too, AND we sold some of our succulents, which I've failed to sell for months now. We ended up buying chicken food, pig food and food for us with money left to spare. I was humbled! God reminded me yesterday that he listens to us, even if we think all is lost.
Good luck and strength to both of you. And have faith!
hugs.gif

When God wants you to learn how to be strong, He allows you to have events in your life that let you develop your strength. When He wants you to learn to trust Him and to have faith, He allows you to be in a position to where you can learn it the best...not in good time do we learn to depend on and trust God, but in the bad. If everyone had perfect health, their money was always plentiful and there was no adversity in their lives they would never learn to trust and depend on God for their daily living.

When God wants you to learn to love, He doesn't surround you with only lovable people...He gives you people who are hard to love, so you can learn the lesson well.

It took me over 40 years to learn those things and I'm still learning things every day of that nature. I used to think God was punishing me by giving me such hard things in life to overcome but now I see more clearly and I thank Him every day for teaching me. Parents who love their children teach them things so that they can live better on their own and my heavenly Father loved me enough to do the same.

I'd say, Deb, that God really loves you and your family and are giving you the opportunity to learn necessary skills to help you serve Him better. It may not seem like it right now but I bet you will look back on this time and see the lessons learned.

He is just feeling insecure Deb. Knowing that hardly makes you feel better but just remember its not what you did. It has everything to do with how he feels. Well that and he is still a man. Sick or not, men draw the idiot card every now and then.

That made me laugh. His idiot card is in good standing!!!

i never read these posts, but today something lured me to this site. I am a smoker and what a wake up call. I will also pray for you and your family. And i will try even harder to quit.

I am so sorry this is happening to you and your husband.

My father had COPD and had stopped smoking many many years ago while in his early 30's. He was told he had 2 yrs but lived for 11.

I think because he kept himself so healthy in every other way, it gave him added years. But most of all he had a positive attitude.

The Doctors are coming up with new and better drugs that really help.

Even if you cant keep your chickens please share all the knowledge you have with us new comers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom