Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only read your first post, And skipped through the rest. I"m so sorry!! prayers to you and Ken. I've always loved reading your post, this was the last thing. I could imgaine!! Hugs

I only read your first post, And skipped through the rest. I"m so sorry!! prayers to you and Ken. I've always loved reading your post, this was the last thing. I could imgaine!! Hugs

Thanks. After Ken's revelation today, and our subsequent trip to church, I am hoping this was God's way of getting his attention and his diagnosis will completely go away. Hey, a girl can hope.....

Quote:
That's what I've been praying for.... Always hope, no matter what...
hugs.gif

Deb, there is not a dang thing wrong with hoping. In cub scouts we had shirts that read Attitude is Everything. Well after 4 years preaching this every week to the boys I have myself convinced. We can't just say it, or wear it, we gotta live it. So you just keep hoping and praying and we will do the same. Hugs for you both.

Ok so this is the one I was thinking but could not remember word for word so I started searching Jeremiah 29:11. I have this on a list of bible verses I usually keep on my desk top ( someday when my computer is all fixed it will be back) and I turn to it often.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I don't want you to see this next verse as being negative dear. Its just I saw it while looking for a specific verse and I had to share it.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Last edited:
Deb, there is not a dang thing wrong with hoping. In cub scouts we had shirts that read Attitude is Everything. Well after 4 years preaching this every week to the boys I have myself convinced. We can't just say it, or wear it, we gotta live it. So you just keep hoping and praying and we will do the same. Hugs for you both.

Ok so this is the one I was thinking but could not remember word for word so I started searching Jeremiah 29:11. I have this on a list of bible verses I usually keep on my desk top ( someday when my computer is all fixed it will be back) and I turn to it often.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I don't want you to see this next verse as being negative dear. Its just I saw it while looking for a specific verse and I had to share it.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Going to church today, it felt so good. It is ok to worship and study at home, however it just felt so good to be back with a really loud worship team and a knowledgeable teacher. Ken's experience this morning freaked him out, and I told him it is nothing to freak out about. It is God talking to him. He remained freaked out til the pastor confirmed what I said - without ever talking to him. :)

ETA: the current study at this church is the book of Numbers, today chapter 13, talking about the lies the spies came up with about the promised land all due to fear that lead to their subsequent 40 years of wandering in the desert and the Lord granting their wish - to die in the desert. Sometimes we have to be careful what we present to the Lord as our wishes.

Last edited:
That's what I've been praying for.... Always hope, no matter what...
hugs.gif

You got that right! He is doing his very best to continue with life as he did before, just not trying so stinking hard to do what he cannot. He is staying in school, we still have family day and a big dinner on Sunday's. He has stopped trying to care for the birds, and we are getting rid of them little by little. They needed to be replaced anyways. It's too dusty out there for him. And our sons come over to unload the feed from the feed store. He is getting stronger, though he has good days and bad days. Yesterday was horrible for me, and today I feel much better and greatly encouraged.

Here it is the person has the potential to live only six months or less. People can graduate off of hospice if they improve. It's difficult when people wait too long for the support and services hospice is able to offer. I wish your family the best.

Well, this weekend basically sucked. There were two highlights I am making sure to pay attention to: Church, which we both really enjoyed and plan on going back; and dinner with new friends. Ken met the man doing a website project for him, and they invited us to dinner last night. They are Syrian, and I had NO idea what to expect food wise. I know I am a picky eater, so I was a bit fearful I would have to choke something down.

Not the case at all. They made about 15 dishes of traditional Syrian foods and there was only one I did not care for. I am picky, but I will always try something at least once. It is how I found out I love escargot! The dishes last night all had strange names, the one I remember was Baba Ghannouge (baba ganoosh) and it was an eggplant paste mixed with garlic, salt, onion and lemon juice and it was TASTY!!!!!

Then they were talking about their wedding in Syria, we were all laughing at his pics because his shirt was untucked and he was all sweaty and she was the picture of beauty. He said it was because he had two bottles of Ouzo. I said, What is that??? So they gave me some. WOW!!!!! Black licorice flavored something far stronger than any liquer. It was strong and tasty. Then we had cake and Arabic pastries. I left stuffed, felt we had new friends, and his young wife who was soooo nervous earlier was very happy!

Thanks. After Ken's revelation today, and our subsequent trip to church, I am hoping this was God's way of getting his attention and his diagnosis will completely go away. Hey, a girl can hope.....

Debi, with God nothing is impossible. I got this beautiful little story via email recently, I can forward it to you if you give me your address, about God making the impossible happen.
Night before last I was laying awake worrying about getting money to buy my chickens food. Went to work and got a text from DH in the morning telling me he sold a bag of chicken poo to someone for their garden (which we've never done before) AND he sold a whole lot of plants AND an electric cable I had no idea what to do with, for a good sum too, AND we sold some of our succulents, which I've failed to sell for months now. We ended up buying chicken food, pig food and food for us with money left to spare. I was humbled! God reminded me yesterday that he listens to us, even if we think all is lost.
Good luck and strength to both of you. And have faith!
hugs.gif

Oh, man, I forgot about ouzo! Mmmmmmmmmmm!

It's clear, but if you drop an ice cube into a short glass of ouzo, the ouzo turns milky white. I haven't had any since I was 21. That's quite a few years, for those who are paying attention.

Debi. Oh heck, I am still at a loss for words.

...stupid iPad, can't find the hugs smiley....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom