Life is changing for us, and it is not for a positive reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, for anyone interested, lesson two in the takedown manuver. For ease of instruction, I will assume you are on the goat's right.
1. Position yourself along side the victim offender's neck, facing the same direction.
2. Grab the right horn (or ear) tightly with your right hand
At the same time, put your left arm over the goat's neck (like it's under your arm, in your pit) and slip your forearm under it's chin.
3. Reach upward on the right side of it's face and hook your hand over the bridge of it's nose. At this point, you are rotating it's head to the left, right ear toward the ground and pulling it's nose toward the goats left shoulder and upward with your left.
4. Do a quarter turn toward your left and sit down, pulling the goat with you. You will end up on your butt, with the goat's head and neck in your lap and it's body on the ground beside you.
Do it quickly and it will work more smoothly.

I did a little steer wrestling when I was younger.....

debi, my name is dan and i just today looked at backyard chickens because i have some chickens with some kind of respiratory condition. don't know how i got off on the thread about you and ken but i did. i haven't read all of it but enough to know that you all are facing some terrible hardships mainly regarding ken's condition and all that entails. my youngest brother died about a year ago from lung cancer. we also had a family meeting brought about mainly because he was terminal, had basically no money and no family he could depend on other than me and our other brothers.i hosted and guided the meeting and we all left the meeting with all the answers we needed to proceed without unanswered questions re all aspects of the situation pertaining to my brother. since then i wrote a book and i want to offer it to you free of charge. just send your a mailing address to [email protected]. my website is down re the book{just found out} or you could check it out. sorry........

I hope you don't take this wrong, Dan, but I usually only provide information like that to people that have been around for quite a long time. Call me silly, but these days, one cannot be too careful. I thank you for your kind offer!

AND!
welcome-byc.gif

Okay, for anyone interested, lesson two in the takedown manuver. For ease of instruction, I will assume you are on the goat's right.
1. Position yourself along side the victim offender's neck, facing the same direction.
2. Grab the right horn (or ear) tightly with your right hand
At the same time, put your left arm over the goat's neck (like it's under your arm, in your pit) and slip your forearm under it's chin.
3. Reach upward on the right side of it's face and hook your hand over the bridge of it's nose. At this point, you are rotating it's head to the left, right ear toward the ground and pulling it's nose toward the goats left shoulder and upward with your left.
4. Do a quarter turn toward your left and sit down, pulling the goat with you. You will end up on your butt, with the goat's head and neck in your lap and it's body on the ground beside you.
Do it quickly and it will work more smoothly.

I did a little steer wrestling when I was younger.....
clap.gif
leverage is a good thing.

Yes! It is pretty much all leverage and gravity! I can't help but think it would be really easy since you wouldn't have to jump off a horse, and stop the goat who is running full speed! LOL! I know that this will work on a 400 pound steer.

Last edited:
Hay. And they mow the yard too. You guys have never seen Nubians or Boer's before??
Boer goats are my locals... I'm in S.A. where they come from originally. I didn't know you get them in the US as well. They're cute and all, but I'd give them a miss, thanks
lol.png
Those things are impossible! Just for interest sake, the word "boer" means "farmer" in Afrikaans. So in my mother tongue we call them "farmer goats".

Boer goats are my locals... I'm in S.A. where they come from originally. I didn't know you get them in the US as well. They're cute and all, but I'd give them a miss, thanks
lol.png
Those things are impossible! Just for interest sake, the word "boer" means "farmer" in Afrikaans. So in my mother tongue we call them "farmer goats".
Ours are Nubian/Boer mixes. I remember either mom or dad was even bigger than they are now.

Ken has had a good week. Tomorrow I go to a baby shower and Sara's fiance and my son are coming over, so he won't be alone, nor will he be tempted to do too much.
cool.png
Sunday he and Kenny are going fishing, so I can CLEAN the house!!! There are so many things I can't do when he is home because of the odor, like cook, use cleaners, etc. So I am going to bake bread, cookies, roast a chicken, whatever I can get cooked in between cleaning.

Oh, lovely! Enjoy yourself and don't do too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom