Life REALLY sucks sometimes *snif*

hugs.gif

OH DIANA!!! I am so sorry! ((HUGS))

Just try to recount the good times with your dad and tell your son about them. Everything you can muster, if you cannot make it for the memorial service, take the same time at your house to have a memorial the same time it is happening where your Dad is. See if someone has unlimited minutes and will put their phone on speaker phone for you. It is an option.

Remember there is only 2 1/2 days till a new year begins. Begin on a new note, new plans, new things to do, new memories to make.

Very sorry to read about your father.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My brother asked if I had some photos of Dad (It is always so sad when one realizes how few photos they have of their parents much less WITH your parents) for my stepmom who wants to do a compilation for the service ... I have so few (my parents are divorced)... so I am trying to scan and send them ...
(I have most in a horrid old sticky album... you know the ones with the sticky backing under the plastic pages that seem to melt into the photo after a few years?) My father was truly a character (I have shared some stories with some of you) ... I truly regret that my son (now 19) never had the chance to meet my father who he has heard so much of....
I am truly overwhelmed by everyones kind wishes... it does help immensely and (((hugs))) to you all for sharing yourself with me.

Diana - I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father, particularly at this holiday time. But....your post should remind everyone who has been ranting and complaining about their quirky family and stressed-out gatherings (that are a normal part of family holiday get-togethers) - that there are those who have lost family that would trade with them in a heartbeat and those that live far away from family that would glady trade as well. I hope you and your son find a way to get to come "home" and visit loved ones you haven't seen in a long, long time and he's never had a chance to meet.

If you call the airlines and ask for discounted rates, way in the future and during the off time, you can get some good rates - also check the on-line sites like Expedia and Orbitz and those sites that let you bid on tickets. You could start saving and make it a joint project with your son to collect the funds - maybe give up a few things, like skip birthday gifts or going out and put it in the "kitty" for the big trip home in 2010.

My husband and I travel for a living and it's amazing what cheap flights you can find, even for overseas, when you have time, are flexible and look around.

Monique

Back
Top Bottom