1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

life with bad gall bladder

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kyzerc, Apr 27, 2016.

1. kyzerc

kyzerc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2015
    [​IMG]

I had a bad gall bladder for 2 years,they said it tested goodAfter losing 70 lbs I fimally got it out.Now I cant digest food and have gone from about 230 to 160 or less. I wore a size 40 pants and now I'm in my sons 34,s.I am beginning to look like a pow.I have been in hospital every week or so for last year.But,it could be worse,all my friends have died and I have my cats,dogs and 100 quail and chuckars and a bunch of silkies,white,blue,buff.Here I am before bad gall bladder.The cats goten bigger, and I'm half my previous size,probally better for my heart.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. jak2002003

jak2002003 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 24, 2009
    Thailand
    You should go back to the hospital for checks.. this is not normal to loose weight after having a gall bladder removed.

Its not even necessary to change the diet.. unless you had a really bad diet before.

1 person likes this.
  3. kyzerc

kyzerc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2015
    [​IMG] Two black parents,the first of four was white.

[​IMG]

lost the ist 50 lbs,stayed in hospital 1 week and they said it was ok.The last 7 months I was in mortal pain could not eat 1 tea spoon of any thing unless I took a strong pain pill.I went to 2 different emergengy room 20 times .They found noting wrong. after losing 70 pounds I finally had it removed but cant digest food now

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    You may need to check in with a nutritionist so they can formulate a diet that will work well for you. The gallbladder helps the body digest fats, so you may need a special diet to cater to that need.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by